Author Topic: Armed Park rangers hold senior tour group captive  (Read 2332 times)

rangerrebew

Armed Park rangers hold senior tour group captive
« on: October 08, 2013, 08:33:51 pm »
Armed Park Rangers Hold Senior Tour Group Captive

October 8, 2013 by Breaking News 3 Comments

Yellowstone 003 1 300x199 Armed park rangers hold senior tour group captive

Stories of citizen mistreatment have abounded during the first week of the federal government shutdown. From World War II veterans being threatened with arrest for visiting the memorial dedicated to their service to a man being fined $100 for taking a jog at Valley Forge National Historical Park, it has become obvious that this administration intends to make this congressional stalemate as difficult as possible for the average citizen.

One of the most unconscionable incidents of shutdown enforcement involved a group of senior citizens on a tour of the nation’s landmarks. The group pulled into Yellowstone National Guard just before the shutdown took effect and, according to one tourist, the vacation quickly devolved into a confusing, frightening experience.

“It was like they brought out the armed forces,” said Pat Vaillancort, explaining the group was locked inside a hotel for several hours under the authority of park rangers with firearms.

Many on the tour, including some from foreign countries, believed they were under arrest, she added.

Though they were ultimately allowed to stay for a short time, given the fact they had reservations at the hotel, Vaillancort said that the entire experience was sullied by the harsh actions of federal authorities.

The group of about 50 tourists was prohibited from any forms of recreation while on the property. When a herd of bison came near, a ranger informed passengers that they were prohibited from taking photos.

When tour guide Gordon Hodgson tried to explain the situation, Vaillancort said the ranger “responded and said, ‘Sir, you are recreating,’ and her tone became very aggressive.”

Unsurprisingly, famous sites such as the Old Faithful geyser were closed and protected by barricades and park staff. The group was not even allowed to go outside once at the hotel.

When the group finally left the park, they were told they could not stop for any reason until their bus had left federal land. This restriction included restroom stops during the nearly three hour trek to a nearby town, Vaillancort said.

Hodgson later described the park rangers’ actions as “Gestapo tactics,” and Vaillancort said that many of those on the trip left with a negative impression of the U.S.

“A lot of people who were foreign said they wouldn’t come back,” she noted.

This unjustifiable treatment of elderly tourists certainly lends credence to one park ranger’s accusation that he and his colleagues were “told to make life as difficult for people as we can.”

–Western Journalism staff writer

Read more at http://www.westernjournalism.com/armed-park-rangers-hold-senior-tour-group-captive/#hWp4bwQ0HWMuhIek.99

Offline musiclady

Re: Armed Park rangers hold senior tour group captive
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2013, 08:53:31 pm »
Unbelievable!

How much more vindictive can this administration be??
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2013, 10:22:54 pm »
How much more vindictive can this administration be??
Pretty much like this:
Hodgson later described the park rangers’ actions as “Gestapo tactics
Hang on to your hats, it's going to be a bumpy ride. Sieg heil.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2013, 11:46:12 pm »
"This unjustifiable treatment of elderly tourists certainly lends credence to one park ranger’s accusation that he and his colleagues were “told to make life as difficult for people as we can.”

How many times have we heard that recently?   This is not America home of the Free anymore.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2013, 12:07:09 am »
Elections have consequences..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2013, 12:32:58 am »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Ford289HiPo

• Don't take life seriously; No one gets out alive
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2013, 12:46:08 am »
It will only be a matter of time..................... but then again, who stood up when Ruby Ridge happened? Who went to bat for the children at Waco? Feral gooberment gets away with so much because no one else stands against it.

I guess we'll have to wait until "American Idol" or some such televised garbage is cancelled to really get a rise out of people.
I wonder when the lies will stop and truth begin, even as grim as the truth may be. And then I remember that for 70 years, the reign of terror in Russia called itself "the people's government." We have so far to fall, yet we are falling fast and Hell yawns to receive us.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2013, 12:51:28 am »
It will only be a matter of time..................... but then again, who stood up when Ruby Ridge happened? Who went to bat for the children at Waco? Feral gooberment gets away with so much because no one else stands against it.

I guess we'll have to wait until "American Idol" or some such televised garbage is cancelled to really get a rise out of people.

Truthfully, each week, I get more jittery that some "Great American" is going to pull a 'Howard Beale' and take out a prominent MSM person or the NBC Board of Directors meeting.

And let's be honest....Obama is goading us into it.

Not allowing WWII veterans to visit their Memorial....but allowing an illegal immigrant demonstration with permits granted?
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline aligncare

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2013, 12:55:25 am »
It's going to take a coalition of strong governors. Resistance will have to come from state government and the people of those states backed by the general population.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2013, 01:01:18 am »
Truthfully, each week, I get more jittery that some "Great American" is going to pull a 'Howard Beale' and take out a prominent MSM person or the NBC Board of Directors meeting.

Not allowing WWII veterans to visit their Memorial....but allowing an illegal immigrant demonstration with permits granted?

He wants us to pull the trigger first.. I say let them pull the first trigger..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2013, 03:08:08 am »
[[ It will only be a matter of time..................... but then again, who stood up when Ruby Ridge happened? Who went to bat for the children at Waco? Feral gooberment gets away with so much because no one else stands against it. ]]

Have you by any chance read John Ross' "Unintended Consequences" ??

Or Matt Bracken's "Enemies, Foreign and Domestic" trilogy?

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2013, 03:09:47 am »
[[ It's going to take a coalition of strong governors. Resistance will have to come from state government and the people of those states backed by the general population. ]]

.. As I wrote yesterday:
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,115607.msg466039.html#msg466039

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2013, 03:11:55 am »

I have the same feeling. Some idiot is going to think he is firing the first shots of a new revolution when he is just handing the tyrant the excuse he needs to really crack down.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2013, 03:13:19 am »

I agree. Obama is intentionally trying to foment an insurrection of some kind so he can justify calling out his thug army and locking down virtually the entire country.

This is it boys and girls. What we all said was coming. It is getting closer every day.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2013, 03:16:31 am »
 It's actually very simple.

The federal government is not made up of "Americans."

It is made up of Democrats.

I would say "it's time we all learned the difference" but it's too late for that.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2013, 01:04:22 pm »
I have the same feeling. Some idiot is going to think he is firing the first shots of a new revolution when he is just handing the tyrant the excuse he needs to really crack down.
Yep. Those in charge have been itching for an excuse to impose martial law (or marshall law, as they say on some sites).
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

rangerrebew

« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2013, 03:51:39 pm »

The federal government is not made up of "Americans."

It is made up of Democrats.

Plus rinos and a few outsiders to both in the republican parties. :dammit:
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 03:52:23 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Mcshot

« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2013, 05:04:31 pm »
[[ It will only be a matter of time..................... but then again, who stood up when Ruby Ridge happened? Who went to bat for the children at Waco? Feral gooberment gets away with so much because no one else stands against it. ]]

Have you by any chance read John Ross' "Unintended Consequences" ??

I just dusted off my copy of UNINTENDED CONSEQUENCES yesterday.  There is no doubt we are being goaded but we need to know all our enemies such as those with political signs still up, various agency staff and perhaps some LEOs and nat. guardsmen.  The Park Rangers were a surprise but memories suggest they were weenies and they owned the properties not the public.
FAMOUS LINCOLN QUOTE:

"You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich.
You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong.
You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift.
You cannot lift the wage earner up by pulling the wage payer down.
You cannot further the brotherhood of man by inciting class hatred.
You cannot build character and courage by taking away people's initiative and independence.
You cannot help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves."

Offline Ford289HiPo

« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2013, 11:58:30 pm »

IMO- He wants to push and push, just to see how far he can go. Daddy Bush pulled a trigger with the stunts at Ruby Ridge, Clintoon pulled one at Waco.  Both were in charge during the murder of innocents by federals.  If anything, obama is a copycat. Everything his administration has done has been attempted by a previous administration.

I'm going out on a limb here, but some feel that McVeigh did what he did in revenge for Ruby Ridge and Waco. If so, where was everyone else? I seem to remember a lot of "militia" groups hunkering down and being real quiet after that.
Was anyone surprised at how quickly McVeigh was executed?

How much more of a trigger (on their part) would it take?
I wonder when the lies will stop and truth begin, even as grim as the truth may be. And then I remember that for 70 years, the reign of terror in Russia called itself "the people's government." We have so far to fall, yet we are falling fast and Hell yawns to receive us.

Offline Ford289HiPo

« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2013, 11:59:55 pm »

I've never read Matt's works, but by his postings on TOS, I think we would agree on many things.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2013, 03:40:19 am »
I've never read Matt's works, but by his postings on TOS, I think we would agree on many things.

His books are really good, worth the buck or two for a kindle version. Unfortunately the left has slammed them as being modern Turner Diaries but there is nothing racist about his books. He just happens to make the wrong people the enemies (the PTBs).