Author Topic: Iraqi gay men's rectums are glued shut and they are force-fed laxatives and water until their insides explode  (Read 7065 times)

rangerrebew

“Iraqi Gay men’s rectums are glued shut and they are force-fed laxatives and water until their insides explode”

The Hunted  by Matt McAllester

NEW YORK MAGAZINE

“Killing gays is halal,” permissible under Islamic law. “We’ll get points in heaven for it.”

From Baghdad—frightening reports of gay pogroms, where homosexual men are targeted, tortured, slayed. From New York—a scurry to find those same men before they are killed, and shepherd them to safety. On a bright afternoon in late March, an 18-year-old named Fadi stood in a friend’s clothing store in Baghdad checking out the new merchandise. A worker in a neighboring store walked into the boutique with a newspaper in his hand and shared a story he had just read. It was about “sexual deviants,” he said. Gay men’s rectums had been glued shut, and they had been force-fed laxatives and water until their insides exploded. They had been found dead on the street.

That evening Fadi met up with his three closest friends—Ahmed, Mazen, and Namir—in a coffee shop.“They’re doing this to frighten us,” he said. In recent weeks, with rumors of gay death squads and torture on the rise, the four friends had lowered their profile. They no longer went to the Shisha every night. “We’ll see what tomorrow brings,” Fadi said, on the last night they met there.

On April 4, at about 8 p.m., Fadi’s cell phone rang. It was Mazen’s brother. “Mazen and Namir have been killed,” he said. The maimed bodies of the two friends had been discovered together in the vast Shia district of Baghdad named Sadr City, which is a stronghold of the Mahdi Army, a powerful Shia militia. Mazen had had his pectoral muscles cut off. There were two drill holes in Namir’s left leg, below the knee. Both had been shot in the head, apparently from close range.

“Two young men were killed on Thursday,” an unnamed Sadr City official told the Reuters news agency in a story published that same day. “They were sexual deviants. Their tribes killed them to restore their family honor.” In the same story, Reuters cited a police source as saying that the bodies of four other gay men had been found in Sadr City on March 25 with signs on their chests reading PERVERT.

Fadi called Ahmed. They spoke for an hour. They were devastated by their friends’ deaths, of course. They were also terrified. Under torture, Mazen and Namir may have given up their names.

There was no announcement, no fatwa, no openly declared policy by a cleric or militia leader or politician, but a wave of anti-gay hysteria hit the country. An Iraqi TV station, with disapproving commentary, showed a video of a group of perhaps two dozen young men at a private dance party, wiggling their hips like female belly dancers. Terms like the third sex and puppies, a newly coined slur, began to appear in hostile news reports. Shia and Sunni clerics started to preach in their Friday sermons about the evils of homosexuality and “the people of Lot.” Police officers stepped up their harassment of openly gay men. Families and tribes cast out their gay relatives. The bodies of gay men like Mazen and Namir, often mutilated, began turning up on the street. There is no way to verify the number of tortured or harassed, but the best available estimates place that figure in the thousands. Hundreds of men are believed to have been killed.

Public Hanging of gay men in Iran

The eruption of violence in February appears to have been an unintended consequence of the country’s broader peace. In the wake of the surge in American troops and the increase in strength of the Iraqi military and police forces, Iraq’s once-powerful Sunni and Shia militias have wound down their attacks against American forces and one another. Now they appear to be repositioning themselves as agents of moral enforcement, exploiting anti-gay prejudice as a means of engendering public support.

Funny how they protest the only Middle East country that accepts gays
Gays protest the only Mid East country that accepts them

It doesn’t help that gay people have virtually no allies in Iraqi society. Women, ethnic minorities, detainees, people who work for the Americans—just about everyone else in the country has some sort of representation. But there are no votes to be gained or power to be accrued in any Iraqi community—Shia, Sunni, Kurds, Christians, Turkmen—by supporting gay people. Gays in Iraq today are essentially a defenseless target.

United States officials have been aware of the gay killings in Iraq for several months and have raised questions about the Iraqi government’s role in the rise in violence and its response to the purges. But the Iraqis sometimes express repulsion at gay people, sources familiar with American diplomatic efforts say. And there is only so far Americans can push the Iraqi government without inadvertently causing a backlash on gay Iraqis. The U.S. State Department says it is working to accept as many Iraqi refugees as it can into the country, but Scott Long insists not enough is being done. “Only in the past year has the U.S. really started meeting its obligations to endangered Iraqis by ramping up the numbers it’s willing to accept. But it’s critical for authorities to commit to recognizing LGBT Iraqis as among those endangered, and as fitting into the U.S. numbers. We’re waiting for a public commitment.” READ THE REST: The Hunted

http://www.barenakedislam.com/2009/10/09/iraqi-gay-mens-rectums-are-glued-shut-and-they-are-force-fed-laxatives-and-water-until-their-insides-explode/
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 08:31:08 pm by rangerrebew »

Online mountaineer

Gee, does BHO ever feel like he's between a rock and a hard place (so to speak) when it comes to negotiating with the same Iran that would glue his butt?

Edit to add: Oops, how did I read Iran for Iraq?  :whistle:
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 01:15:14 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline musiclady

Gee, does BHO ever feel like he's between a rock and a hard place (so to speak) when it comes to negotiating with the same Iran that would glue his butt?

ZINGGG!!!!   :laugh:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
It's Iraq....not Iran.

That said....who thinks this type of punishment up in the first place?
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline musiclady

It's Iraq....not Iran.

That said....who thinks this type of punishment up in the first place?

The same people who are coming up with a physical test in ME countries that, apparently can be done in airports, and can determine whether or not a person is homosexual.

Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, etc.......

Should be interesting to see how the American left deal with the reality of the homophobia (the real kind) of the lovely Islamic world.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Of course the American solution is to bring them all here. While others are rejecting homosexual acts in the most extreme and inhumane ways possible, the United States considers sodomy a constitutional, and increasingly unquestionable, right.

Welcome to New Sodom! Enjoy your stay, and pay no attention to the deadly diseases you might get.

Isn't there some sort of middle ground to be had here???
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 12:23:11 am by jmyrlefuller »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline happyg

A sickening and sad story. I hope this crap never comes here.

Offline musiclady

Of course the American solution is to bring them all here. While others are rejecting homosexual acts in the most extreme and inhumane ways possible, the United States considers sodomy a constitutional, and increasingly unquestionable, right.

Welcome to New Sodom! Enjoy your stay, and pay no attention to the deadly diseases you might get.

Isn't there some sort of middle ground to be had here???

Yeah, there is.

It's hate the sin and love the sinner..................but no one seems to be interested in that solution.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
[[ Should be interesting to see how the American left deal with the reality of the homophobia (the real kind) of the lovely Islamic world. ]]

The left will look the other way, no matter how barbaric islam gets.

The left will keep looking the other way until islam beheads them.

It's that simple.

Liberal_Spy

[[ Should be interesting to see how the American left deal with the reality of the homophobia (the real kind) of the lovely Islamic world. ]]

The left will look the other way, no matter how barbaric islam gets.

The left will keep looking the other way until islam beheads them.

It's that simple.

The left doesn't support Islam or what it does. In fact, a lot of the left are atheists, and have great disdain for these people.

Offline musiclady

The left doesn't support Islam or what it does. In fact, a lot of the left are atheists, and have great disdain for these people.

Wrong.

The left in this country, led by Muslim sympathizer Obama, is in love with Islam.

That's why pseudo-educators in our schools all over the country are forcing Islam on our school children, while banning any form of Christianity.  That's why we have leftists in Congress advocating Sharia Law.  That's why we have PC protection of Islam, and targeting of Christian conservatives.

Yeah, many are atheists.  They also claim to care about the rights of women.  (Don't get me started on the leftist lies about and their hatred of women).  Which is why their wholesale support of Islam is downright bizarre.

Get up to speed.

Liberal_Spy

Wrong.

The left in this country, led by Muslim sympathizer Obama, is in love with Islam.

That's why pseudo-educators in our schools all over the country are forcing Islam on our school children, while banning any form of Christianity.  That's why we have leftists in Congress advocating Sharia Law.  That's why we have PC protection of Islam, and targeting of Christian conservatives.

Yeah, many are atheists.  They also claim to care about the rights of women.  (Don't get me started on the leftist lies about and their hatred of women).  Which is why their wholesale support of Islam is downright bizarre.

Get up to speed.

Could you please provide documentation of your claims? I understand that many places are trying to remove Christianity from schools as part of the separation of church and state, but I've heard nothing of Islam being forced on school children. I've heard of a couple of private schools with an Islamic agenda, but nothing else.

Offline musiclady

Could you please provide documentation of your claims? I understand that many places are trying to remove Christianity from schools as part of the separation of church and state, but I've heard nothing of Islam being forced on school children. I've heard of a couple of private schools with an Islamic agenda, but nothing else.

There are lots of threads with documentation here on TBR, and on other Conservative forums.

Do some research.

Offline musiclady

Here's one to get you started.....

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,115610.0.html

I've got to get to work.  I teach.

Good luck.

The information's out there.  You just have to be curious enough to look for it.

Offline olde north church

Who is letting their dog piss all over the carpet?
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Liberal_Spy

Here's one to get you started.....

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,115610.0.html

I've got to get to work.  I teach.

Good luck.

The information's out there.  You just have to be curious enough to look for it.

http://politicaloutcast.com/2013/10/christian-students-forced-pray-allah-study-quran-pledge-allegiance-afghan-flag/#lrVaUdFpdCGU68jt.99

The link in the thread you mentioned.

First part of the article reads: "It was brought to my attention that the source I used for this post was bogus and that the information below is completely false.  Had the information been true, my post would have stood as is.  I apologize for misleading anyone and will try to vet my sources better in the future. - Dave Jolly"

Offline Lando Lincoln

There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Liberal_Spy

So out of curiosity, do you guys have a problem with the books that have a Christian bias, and try to teach kids about the Christian perspective? Texas has been trying to add elements of Christianity into science classes for years. Is this okay, or is it also wrong?
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 05:36:45 pm by Liberal_Spy »

Online DCPatriot

So out of curiosity, do you guys have a problem with the books that have a Christian bias, and try to teach kids about the Christian perspective? Texas has been trying to add elements of Christianity into science classes for years. Is this okay, or is it also wrong?

I have a problem with ANY bias.  Christian or otherwise.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Liberal_Spy

That's good; I agree.

famousdayandyear

That's good; I agree.

Are y'all aware of the subject matter of the thread in which you are telling is you have no problem with "bias" against the unspeakable violence described herein?

Asking for clarification so uninformed readers will not be misled. 
This is a polite request.  Thank you in advance for your thoughtful response.

Online DCPatriot

Are y'all aware of the subject matter of the thread in which you are telling is you have no problem with "bias" against the unspeakable violence described herein?

Asking for clarification so uninformed readers will not be misled. 
This is a polite request.  Thank you in advance for your thoughtful response.

WTF is your problem, Famous?  Seriously

Why not go and take a little nap.   **nononono*

Offline Cincinnatus

She's the one with a problem? WTF is your problem, Famous?  Seriously

FDaY: This is a polite request.  Thank you in advance for your thoughtful response.
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline Lando Lincoln

Here is what I am against - the unfathomable barbarism, death and cruelty that is foisted upon others by practitioners of radical Islam in the name of their god.  It is insideous and it is growing.  It is uncompromising and it scoffs at, while gaining strength from the proclamations of the COEXIST crowd.  A very real day of reckoning will occur in our lifetime - bank on it.  And, there will be no refuge or respite for the latte drinking pseudo-intellectual who believes that, with just a little more understanding, all will be well.
John Steinbeck

Offline Lando Lincoln

John Steinbeck