Author Topic: Gay Update: Gulf States Develop Gaydar  (Read 1130 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Gay Update: Gulf States Develop Gaydar
« on: October 08, 2013, 07:53:12 pm »
Gay Update: Gulf States Develop Gaydar
October 08, 2013

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Dadelut dadelut dadelut dadelut dadelut dadelut dadelut.  From the Grooveyard of Forgotten Favorites, ladies and gentlemen, let me go back to one of our all-time favorite update themes, You Don't Own Me (or know me), portrayed vocal here by Klaus Nomi.  It's a gay update theme.

(playing of song)

RUSH: Klaus Nomi, no longer with us, just FYI.

(continued playing of song)

RUSH: The Rush Limbaugh program.  The EIB Network and a gay community update.

RUSH:  Okay, here's the news, folks, in the UK Daily Mail.  "A medical test being developed by Kuwait will be used to 'detect' homosexuals and prevent them from entering the country -- or any of the Gulf Cooperation Countries (GCC), according to a Kuwaiti government official.  GCC member countries -- Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates -- already deem homosexual acts unlawful."

The story does not say what test will be used to detect homosexuals.  It just says that they're gonna introduce medical testing to detect gay people and keep 'em out of their countries.

RUSH:  Can you imagine that?

(Continued playing of song)

RUSH:  They don't say what the test is.

RUSH:  You might wonder -- well, never mind.

RUSH:  Klaus Nomi, everybody, the late great Klaus Nomi.  What's his real name?  No relation to Klaus Kinski, who was the father of Nastassja Kinski. No relationship to Natasha Richardson.  Anyway, it's a true story here.  Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates, that would be Dubai and the ports, United Arab Emirates, outlaw homosexuality. "This controversial stance is being toughened, according to Yousouf Mindkar, the director of public health at the Kuwaiti health ministry." Gays will be barred.  I'm not kidding.  It says a medical test will be developed that'll be used to detect homosexuals, keep 'em out of the country, but they don't say what the test is gonna be.

What you need to know here is the story lists countries where homosexuality is punishable by death:  Iran, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Yemen. I mean, the list goes on and on and on.  Iran has no gay people.  You remember when the former Iranian president, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, was invited to speak to the students at Columbia, and this honestly happened.  A student during the Q&A asked him about gay people, and he said, "We don't have any of that in Iran."  And the audience laughed.  And when the audience began laughing, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said, "Oh, well, do you know someone who is? Could you tell me where they live?"  And the audience kinda stopped laughing.  They got a little quiet in there at Columbia.

So what could the test possibly be?  What kind of detection?  I mean, you figure this is at airports. (interruption) No, not genome genetic testing.  What are you talking about?  This is getting off the airplane, walking through customs and so forth, they gotta have some kind of test.  I mean, that's where they gotta stop 'em.  That's where they have to stop anybody from entering the country.  That's where they'd have to have the test.  Or maybe the test is at the origin of departure.  They want to catch you before you even get on the plane, on the way there.

I don't know how many of you've noticed, but the National Football League every October joins the effort to eliminate breast cancer by just throwing pink everywhere.  Pink shoes on the players, pink towels, pink wristbands.  It's a lot of pink out there.  They put pink on the field in various places, and on Sunday for the first time they used pink penalty flags.  And even the television networks televising NFL games when they graphically tell the audience a flag has been throne, that's usually in yellow.  Even they were using pink.

I didn't know this.  I didn't know that they had added it.  I'm just watching the games, and I'm seeing all what I think are a bunch of towels all over the field. No, no, no, those are penalty flags. They've been calling penalties.  Anyway, the NFL has decided to pull back on the penalty flags.  They're not going to use them starting next week.  And for the same reason that happened to me, I didn't know when a flag was thrown or when somebody just dropped a towel out there.

"Pink is no longer the new yellow in the NFL. The league won't use its pink penalty flags beyond Monday night's Jets-Falcons game. The pink flags were part of the NFL's 'A Crucial Catch' campaign in support of breast cancer awareness. Coupled with the players' pink equipment, especially their gloves and towels, the pink flags caused confusion among broadcasters, fans, players and coaches Sunday."

So, with the Thursday night game, the Giants and the Bears are gonna bring back yellow flags and we'll be back to some sense of normalcy.  What is the reaction to all of this pink in the NFL?  I mean clearly you can't miss it.  It clearly is raising awareness of whatever it represents.  I mean, people may not know breast cancer right off the bat.

Speaking of sports, NewsBusters has this. "Ted Leonsis, the owner of the NBA Washington Wizards as well as the NHL's Washington Capitals took a swipe at the newspaper industry in general and the Washington Post in particular today saying that the Post was 'not that important anymore' and that newspapers were based on antiquated business strategies.  Leonsis made those comments in an interview at George Washington University in DC when asked about his thoughts on the newspaper selling out to Amazon.com founder Jeff Bezos."

Politico had the story.  "It’s almost like you have a family friend who has a drinking problem or a drug problem. The first thing you have to say to them is: they have to admit they have a drinking or drug problem. They have to say 'we’re not that important anymore and what we’ve been doing hasn’t been working.' This core model based on print isn’t going to work. ... If you said to the Post, like I did 10 years ago, 'You should be a platform, you should be embracing these bloggers and adding to your staff these virtual writers,' they said that these bloggers are not Washington Post-caliber people, they’re not journalists.  And I said, 'They’re not, they’re better,'" than what you have.

One staffer at the Washington Post, Karen Tumulty, well-known liberal writer, fired back, taking Leonsis out of context, she wrote, "Leonsis urged #wapo to go digital & embrace bloggers? Why didn't WE think of this? Oh wait, we did." But what she missed is that the owner of the Wizards and the Capitals was referring to advice that he gave 10 years ago, not saying what he would do with papers now.

But, anyway, it's just another example. I mean, here's a guy that in the old days you grovel when the newspaper guys show up.  You need 'em.  You need them for publicity, for promotion, coverage, PR, all of that.  And here's Leonsis, "You people, you're like relatives with a drug problem, and you're not relevant anymore.  You have to admit that you're not that important anymore.  Newspapers just aren't that important anymore."  I think it's a reality a lot of 'em know.

Port Washington, New York, from CBS Eyeball News.  "Worries about injuries at a Long Island school have led to a surprising ban. As CBS 2’s Jennifer McLogan reported Monday, officials at Weber Middle School in Port Washington are worried that students are getting hurt during recess. Thus, they have instituted a ban on footballs, baseballs, lacrosse balls, or anything that might hurt someone on school grounds.

"Tossing a football during recess has long seemed to be a rite of passage for kids in the school community. 'I think we need the soccer balls, the footballs and everything, so we can have some fun,' one student said. But the students will have no such option anymore. They were just informed that during recess, football is out and Nerf ball is in." 'Cause that won't hurt anybody.

"Hard soccer balls have been banned, along with baseballs and lacrosse balls, rough games of tag, or cartwheels unless supervised by a coach. Students were not thrilled about the news."  What do you think the students are gonna do?  That's exactly right.  The students are now, in reaction to this, they're going to invent games that use things other than balls.  You're gonna have some kids bring the balls anyway just for the passage of the rite of rebellion.  Cartwheels have been banned unless supervised by a coach?  I guarantee you, they won't have any problem finding a coach to supervise cartwheels.

Mr. Snerdley has asked me over the IFB if it would be sexist to ask if a woman was involved in this ban.  Probably, yeah, but let me see.  Cartwheels and tag.  Students said, "Cartwheels and tag -- I think it’s ridiculous they are banning that. You go for recess -- that’s your free time to go let loose and recharge."  Mr. Snerdley, you have to be right, the Port Washington schools superintendent Kathleen Maloney said that -- (interruption) What are you blowing up for in there?  Don't you know, this was all coming.  I said this yesterday, I've said it a number of times.  Look, I've called it a bunch of different things, the chickification of our society.  There's another way to express what's happening here. There is an ongoing effort that is being led by women who I'm sure think they're well-intentioned, to try to remove as many vestiges of masculinity from our culture as they can, because it's considered brutish and predatory and dangerous and mean and all that.

There's no question that there is a -- I wouldn't call it an all-out assault, but there's a steady, consistent effort here to remove masculinity from as much, particularly of young culture, as they can get away with.  I don't think there's any question about that.

Condoleezza Rice.  This next story, this is kinda -- I better take a break here. Pat Dye, who is the former Auburn football coach, is just -- well, I wouldn't know if he's livid, but he is just beside himself that Condoleezza Rice has ended up on the college football playoff selection committee.  He doesn't think that she knows anything about football other than what she's read or has been told or what she might have seen on TV.  He's livid about it.

END TRANSCRIPT

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2013/10/08/gay_update_gulf_states_develop_gaydar
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald