Author Topic: House GOP Leader Floats Tax Hike in Spending, Debt Deal  (Read 1031 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
House GOP Leader Floats Tax Hike in Spending, Debt Deal
« on: October 08, 2013, 05:22:47 pm »
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/10/08/House-GOP-Leader-Floats-Tax-Hike-in-Spending-Debt-Deal

by Mike Flynn 8 Oct 2013, 9:23 AM PDT

Texas Rep. Pete Sessions, Chairman of the House Rules Committee, suggested possible GOP support for a tax hike as part of a deal to end the stalemate on government spending and debt. As the government shutdown enters its second week, House GOP are floating new proposals, including another "supercommittee" for talks.

“We disagree by a trillion dollars of spending and a trillion dollars of tax increase….I think there is some ground between a trillion dollars in spending and a trillion dollar tax increase. For Republicans not to be able to identify that would be silly,” Sessions said on Tuesday. “We are going to stick to our guns but it doesn’t mean that people have to deny each other the ability to talk."

The Rules Committee controls how legislation reaches the floor and which rules will govern its consideration. As such, the Chair of the Committee is hand-selected by House GOP Leadership. Sessions comments suggest the GOP Leadership is floating a trial-ballon to gauge support for a tax hike as a possible compromise.

The Rules Committee to set to consider the latest GOP proposal to initiate talks with Democrats on Tuesday.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 05:23:13 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sinkspur

Re: House GOP Leader Floats Tax Hike in Spending, Debt Deal
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2013, 05:23:51 pm »
Sessions has already walked this tax-hike talk back.  There will be no tax hikes.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: House GOP Leader Floats Tax Hike in Spending, Debt Deal
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2013, 05:24:43 pm »
This is from the weakest member of the Texas GOP delegation. Pete has outlived his usefulness!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien