Author Topic: Obama calls Boehner, reiterates he won't negotiate  (Read 1104 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Obama calls Boehner, reiterates he won't negotiate
« on: October 08, 2013, 03:43:10 pm »
http://www.politico.com/politico44/?hp=bh

Obama calls Boehner, reiterates he won't negotiate
By JENNIFER EPSTEIN |
10/8/13 11:24 AM EDT

President Obama called House Speaker John Boehner on Tuesday morning to repeat his refusal to negotiate on bills to reopen the government and raise the debt ceiling, the speaker's office said.

Obama called at about 10:45 a.m. ET to "reiterate that he won't negotiate on a government funding bill or debt limit increase," Boehner spokesman Brendan Buck said.

The call came not long after Boehner said that he "isn't drawing any lines in the sand" and is open to conversation.  “All we’re asking for is to sit down and have a conversation,” he said Tuesday morning. “There’s no reason to make it more difficult to bring people to the table. There’s no boundaries here, there’s nothing on the table, there’s nothing off the table. I’m trying to do everything I can to bring people together and have a conversation.”

The White House did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Obama calls Boehner, reiterates he won't negotiate
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2013, 03:43:39 pm »
...just called to tell you I'm not talking to you...what a child!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2013, 03:53:21 pm »
...just called to tell you I'm not talking to you...what a child!

Next, he'll send him a strongly-worded letter!

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2013, 03:55:17 pm »
Piss on him!

He's dropping in the polls, so keep up the pressure.  Keep passing individual bills, continue to offer to negotiate.  Americans, in a poll released just this morning, by a margin of 58% favor coupling spending cuts with raising the debt ceiling.  So Boehner's got the strong hand here.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.