Author Topic: Jon Stewart accuses Kathleen Sebelius of lying to him about Obamacare  (Read 784 times)

Offline happyg

Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius likely thought her interview with Jon Stewart on “The Daily Show” Monday night would be an easy setting to pitch the Obamacare exchanges to young people. Instead, she ended up getting accused of being a liar by the popular comedy host.

During his interview with Sebelius, Stewart repeatedly sought an answer from the secretary on why big businesses got a delay in their Obamacare mandate to provide affordable health insurance to their employees, while individuals did not get a delay in their Obamacare mandate making them purchase health care or face a penalty.

In a rare monologue at the end of the show, Stewart said he remained confused and that he suspected that the secretary may have been lying to him.

“I still don’t understand why individuals have to sign up and businesses don’t, because if the businesses — if she’s saying, ‘well, they get a delay because that doesn’t matter anyway because they already give health care,’ then you think to yourself, ‘bleep it, then why do they have to sign up at all,’” he said. “And then I think to myself, ‘well, maybe she’s just lying to me.’”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=a19wqI0EdDc

During the interview, Stewart said criticism over the seeming double standard was “very legitimate.”

“But if I’m if an individual I’m wondering — well, an individual who doesn’t want this because there are individuals clearly that want this — but if I’m an individual that doesn’t want it, it would be hard for me to look at big business getting a waiver and not having to do it and me having to because I would think, ‘geez, it looks like because I don’t have a lobbying group,’” he told Sebelius. “I would feel like you are favoring big business because they lobbied you to delay it because they didn’t want to do this year but you are not allowing individuals that same courtesy.”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcX4_rz7YhQ&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=thM4CnrzIYQ

http://dailycaller.com/2013/10/08/jon-stewart-accuses-kathleen-sebelius-of-lying-to-him-about-obamacare/

Offline musiclady

Re: Jon Stewart accuses Kathleen Sebelius of lying to him about Obamacare
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2013, 02:32:17 pm »
“And then I think to myself, ‘well, maybe she’s just lying to me.’”

Ya think, Jon??

That's all these people DO.   Figure it out, dummy.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2013, 02:35:55 pm »
It wouldn't,  like, be possible if, you know, that we Millennials who chanted "Yes, We Can" and claimed that Obama was, like, Christ returning to earth to save mankind, you know -- it wouldn't be possible that maybe we mighta got screwed by the guy?  Nah, look at Jon Stewart.  He's laughing over the whole thing.  It mustn't be very serious.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 02:36:35 pm by massadvj »

Offline rb224315

• Custom Title goes here
  • Personal Text goes here
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2013, 03:30:55 pm »
“And then I think to myself, ‘well, maybe she’s just lying to me.’”

Ya think, Jon??

That's all these people DO.   Figure it out, dummy.

But figure it out he won't.  Yesterday I was involved in a Facebook conversation about the Barrycades.  One person in particular just could not bring himself to admit that the 0bama admin is closing private businesses without good reason, only because they're vindictive and spiteful.  On this and a couple of other issues I carefully painted him into a corner until finally he said I was "shifting the conversation down into the minutia".  Forget the details, 0bama will save us!  He said so himself!
rb224315:  just another "Creepy-ass Cracka".

Offline musiclady

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2013, 03:36:54 pm »
But figure it out he won't.  Yesterday I was involved in a Facebook conversation about the Barrycades.  One person in particular just could not bring himself to admit that the 0bama admin is closing private businesses without good reason, only because they're vindictive and spiteful.  On this and a couple of other issues I carefully painted him into a corner until finally he said I was "shifting the conversation down into the minutia".  Forget the details, 0bama will save us!  He said so himself!

I think that's a common tactic with leftists.  You can defeat them in the substance of the debate, clearly, and they keep arguing until, at some level, they understand that they've lost, and then they either turn on you personally, or run away, blaming you while they run and hide.

I agree, btw, that Jon won't figure it out.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.