Author Topic: Glenn Beck Set to Reveal Name of Republican Senator Who Allegedly Called FreedomWorks Supporters ‘Traitors’  (Read 1928 times)

Offline happyg

Glenn Beck told his audience on Monday that the following morning on his radio program, he will reveal the name of a Republican lawmaker who said anyone who stands with FreedomWorks or the Senate Conservatives Fund is a “traitor” to the Senate.

Beck had Sen. Mike Lee (R-Utah) on the program, and invited the senator to comment on the announcement, but the senator declined.

“I don’t want to throw any more fuel on a fire that has already been overly stoked,” Lee remarked.  “…I want to re-focus the attention back where it should be, on Obamacare and on the Obama administration’s response to this shutdown.”

Lee repeatedly said the Obama administration’s response to the shutdown is the “single best argument” anyone could ever make against Obamacare, saying it’s clear that, “that which is in the control of government can and will be used against the people as leverage in a political debate.”

Beck responded: “I’m going to give you a pass this time and not harp on the things that you don’t want to talk about…But at some point I am going to come back with you and everyone else in the Senate on — you’ve got people in the Republican Party that are part and parcel of this kind of thing. They may say that they’re not, but they are not coming out forcefully against putting cones up in the middle of the highway so we don’t see Mount Rushmore?”

Beck — who railed against the GOP establishment last week and encouraged the use of the hashtag “#defundtheGOP” — said Obamacare and big government are just as worrisome if Republicans are in power.

“Again, look at what just the Republicans are doing to you guys!” Beck told Lee, referring to the reported infighting between the Republican “old guard” and the newer members like Lee, Ted Cruz, and Rand Paul. “Are you telling me when they have full control over your healthcare and everything else, when you stand up against Common Core…that no one in this vast government will say, ‘You know what, I know grandma’s sick, and it’s going to be hard to get her some of these medicines…’  Are you telling that no one’s going to play that game?”

“They will play that game,” Lee responded without hesitation.  “And unfortunately, Glenn, Republicans will play it and Democrats will.  This is an equal opportunity problem. It’s not something that is a fiction, and it’s not something that is limited to the Democratic Party or to the liberal cause. The big government establishment — the political establishment in both political parties — will ultimately use things like that against the American people if we give the government too much power. That’s why this ultimately is not a partisan battle. This is about the Washington, D.C. political establishment against the American people.”

Beck concluded by asking the senator to call him if he gets the name wrong tomorrow morning on radio, adding that he has a “very good source” and that it’s time for the American people to know “exactly what is being said.”

Turning to the audience, Beck remarked: “Tomorrow I will, on the radio program, be giving you the name of the senator who said, if you are standing with FreedomWorks or the Senate Conservatives Fund, you are a traitor.”

“I’d tell you now — but I’d just like it to trickle out so that senator has all night to sweat about it,” he added with a smile. “Hopefully the American people still care.”

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/10/07/glenn-beck-set-to-reveal-name-of-republican-senator-who-allegedly-called-freedomworks-supporters-traitors/

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
What are the odds that it's NOT John McCain?
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline alicewonders

Glenn said the first name this morning on the radio - Mitch McConnell.  He called Lee, Cruz and others - TRAITORS to the GOP.  Glenn says there is another name, but they're working on who that is.

Offline happyg

The old farts are reluctant to give up their power. In the old days, they would dig up dirt on an usurper. They can't find dirt on Lee, Rand, or Cruz, so resort to downright harrassment. They are really p*ssed, and that makes me happy!

Offline alicewonders

The old farts are reluctant to give up their power. In the old days, they would dig up dirt on an usurper. They can't find dirt on Lee, Rand, or Cruz, so resort to downright harrassment. They are really p*ssed, and that makes me happy!

We need to fight this battle NOW - get this settled once and for all.

Offline musiclady

Respectfully disagree.

For the first time, conservatives are winning the argument against the good ol' boys.

This is as united as I've seen the Republicans in a long time...........against Obama care.

Let's win this battle NOW, and settle the differences later.

(Glenn's just stirring the pot here, instead of working against Obama.  I don't like it).
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

Respectfully disagree.

For the first time, conservatives are winning the argument against the good ol' boys.

This is as united as I've seen the Republicans in a long time...........against Obama care.

(Glenn's just stirring the pot here, instead of working against Obama.  I don't like it).

You are both right and, I think, both talking about the same thing but if not if this goes down like I think it will the old guard will have been taken down a peg AND Obama will have lost the argument effectively ending his presidency.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline andy58-in-nh

Respectfully disagree.

The problem is that the GOP leadership, left to its own impulses, will not fight against ObamaCare.

They don't want to fight against ObamaCare.

They have been dragged, kicking and screaming into the fight against ObamaCare.

If it were up to them, it would already be fully funded, the debt ceiling would be raised, and Ted Cruz and Mike Lee would both be duct-taped and bound in the basement of the Senate office building.

Mitch McConnell, John McCain, Lindsey Graham and their spineless suck-ups have all come to value their offices, their sinecures, their limousines and their fancy goddamned cufflinks purchased with K Street cash more than they value your freedom.

They need to be forced to stand up for what is right, or else: to go.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Relic

Respectfully disagree.

You're right, and it's the model that Democrats have been using to kick our butts. Unite against the common enemy. Deal with differences when the enemy is beaten.

Offline musiclady

You are both right and, I think, both talking about the same thing but if not if this goes down like I think it will the old guard will have been taken down a peg AND Obama will have lost the argument effectively ending his presidency.

That's what I think.

The Conservatives will have won the battle against the old guard if they hang together on this.

Then maybe the old guard will start to become the former guard.    :patriot:

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

The problem is that the GOP leadership, left to its own impulses, will not fight against ObamaCare.

They don't want to fight against ObamaCare.

They have been dragged, kicking and screaming into the fight against ObamaCare.

If it were up to them, it would already be fully funded, the debt ceiling would be raised, and Ted Cruz and Mike Lee would both be duct-taped and bound in the basement of the Senate office building.

Mitch McConnell, John McCain, Lindsey Graham and their spineless suck-ups have all come to value their offices, their sinecures, their limousines and their fancy goddamned cufflinks purchased with K Street cash more than they value your freedom.

They need to be forced to stand up for what is right, or else: to go.

I think they're being forced to stand up for what is right already.

As I said, the conservatives are winning the argument against the appeasers.

Let's not stop the progress by trying to take the suck-ups down instead of focusing like a laser beam on defeating Obama and Marxism.

Offline musiclady

You're right, and it's the model that Democrats have been using to kick our butts. Unite against the common enemy. Deal with differences when the enemy is beaten.

Exactly.      :beer:

Offline Politics4us

They suspected that the other person who they couldn't name yet was Orin Hatch. I'm for challenging all of them.

Offline Rapunzel

It was Mitch McConnell... he basically said all conservatives are the enemy in that meeting... frankly I stand with Lee and Cruz in this and we need more of them and fewer of the McConnell ilk.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
If the GOP _doesn't_ somehow muster the courage to unite and fight against Obama and the 'rats in Congress on this one, it may become their last hurrah.

The Republicans' options are:
1. Unite and fight, or
2. Fracture, lose, and face a "Whiggian" future...

Republican dis-unity now could very well cost them the 2014 midterm election.

If they lose that one badly, and go on to lose again in 2016, they'll be all-but finished as a national party of any consequence.

Offline happyg

It was Mitch McConnell... he basically said all conservatives are the enemy in that meeting... frankly I stand with Lee and Cruz in this and we need more of them and fewer of the McConnell ilk.

Everyone I know favor Cruz and Lee, even some "former" democrats, which there are a lot of. That's one of the reasons they need those immigrants. Blacks aren't going to come out of the Hildebeast or anyone who isn't black.