Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2013, 10:01:45 AM »
Mitch McConnell.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2013, 10:06:34 AM »
What are the odds that it's NOT John McCain?
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - Iowahawk

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2013, 10:09:57 AM »
Glenn said the first name this morning on the radio - Mitch McConnell.  He called Lee, Cruz and others - TRAITORS to the GOP.  Glenn says there is another name, but they're working on who that is.

Offline happyg

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2013, 10:20:37 AM »
The old farts are reluctant to give up their power. In the old days, they would dig up dirt on an usurper. They can't find dirt on Lee, Rand, or Cruz, so resort to downright harrassment. They are really p*ssed, and that makes me happy!

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2013, 10:22:32 AM »
The old farts are reluctant to give up their power. In the old days, they would dig up dirt on an usurper. They can't find dirt on Lee, Rand, or Cruz, so resort to downright harrassment. They are really p*ssed, and that makes me happy!

We need to fight this battle NOW - get this settled once and for all.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2013, 10:35:52 AM »

Respectfully disagree.

For the first time, conservatives are winning the argument against the good ol' boys.

This is as united as I've seen the Republicans in a long time...........against Obama care.

Let's win this battle NOW, and settle the differences later.

(Glenn's just stirring the pot here, instead of working against Obama.  I don't like it).
Character still matters.  It always matters.

May 3, 2016 - the day the Republican party left ME.  I am now without a Party, and quite possibly without a country.  May God have mercy!

Offline Bigun

• The income tax: Root of all evil!
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2013, 10:48:33 AM »

Respectfully disagree.

For the first time, conservatives are winning the argument against the good ol' boys.

This is as united as I've seen the Republicans in a long time...........against Obama care.

(Glenn's just stirring the pot here, instead of working against Obama.  I don't like it).

You are both right and, I think, both talking about the same thing but if not if this goes down like I think it will the old guard will have been taken down a peg AND Obama will have lost the argument effectively ending his presidency.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2013, 10:52:31 AM »
Respectfully disagree.

The problem is that the GOP leadership, left to its own impulses, will not fight against ObamaCare.

They don't want to fight against ObamaCare.

They have been dragged, kicking and screaming into the fight against ObamaCare.

If it were up to them, it would already be fully funded, the debt ceiling would be raised, and Ted Cruz and Mike Lee would both be duct-taped and bound in the basement of the Senate office building.

Mitch McConnell, John McCain, Lindsey Graham and their spineless suck-ups have all come to value their offices, their sinecures, their limousines and their fancy goddamned cufflinks purchased with K Street cash more than they value your freedom.

They need to be forced to stand up for what is right, or else: to go.
Liberalism isn't really about making the world a better place. It's about reassuring the elites that they are good people for wanting to rule over it.

Offline Relic

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2013, 10:54:53 AM »
Respectfully disagree.

You're right, and it's the model that Democrats have been using to kick our butts. Unite against the common enemy. Deal with differences when the enemy is beaten.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2013, 11:01:06 AM »
You are both right and, I think, both talking about the same thing but if not if this goes down like I think it will the old guard will have been taken down a peg AND Obama will have lost the argument effectively ending his presidency.

That's what I think.

The Conservatives will have won the battle against the old guard if they hang together on this.

Then maybe the old guard will start to become the former guard.    :patriot:

May 3, 2016 - the day the Republican party left ME.  I am now without a Party, and quite possibly without a country.  May God have mercy!

Offline musiclady

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2013, 11:02:39 AM »
The problem is that the GOP leadership, left to its own impulses, will not fight against ObamaCare.

They don't want to fight against ObamaCare.

They have been dragged, kicking and screaming into the fight against ObamaCare.

If it were up to them, it would already be fully funded, the debt ceiling would be raised, and Ted Cruz and Mike Lee would both be duct-taped and bound in the basement of the Senate office building.

Mitch McConnell, John McCain, Lindsey Graham and their spineless suck-ups have all come to value their offices, their sinecures, their limousines and their fancy goddamned cufflinks purchased with K Street cash more than they value your freedom.

They need to be forced to stand up for what is right, or else: to go.

I think they're being forced to stand up for what is right already.

As I said, the conservatives are winning the argument against the appeasers.

Let's not stop the progress by trying to take the suck-ups down instead of focusing like a laser beam on defeating Obama and Marxism.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2013, 11:03:04 AM »
You're right, and it's the model that Democrats have been using to kick our butts. Unite against the common enemy. Deal with differences when the enemy is beaten.

Exactly.      :beer:

Offline Politics4us

« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2013, 12:36:43 PM »
They suspected that the other person who they couldn't name yet was Orin Hatch. I'm for challenging all of them.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2013, 04:25:03 PM »
It was Mitch McConnell... he basically said all conservatives are the enemy in that meeting... frankly I stand with Lee and Cruz in this and we need more of them and fewer of the McConnell ilk.

Offline Fishrrman

« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2013, 11:16:47 PM »
If the GOP _doesn't_ somehow muster the courage to unite and fight against Obama and the 'rats in Congress on this one, it may become their last hurrah.

The Republicans' options are:
1. Unite and fight, or
2. Fracture, lose, and face a "Whiggian" future...

Republican dis-unity now could very well cost them the 2014 midterm election.

If they lose that one badly, and go on to lose again in 2016, they'll be all-but finished as a national party of any consequence.

Offline happyg

« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2013, 11:24:06 PM »
It was Mitch McConnell... he basically said all conservatives are the enemy in that meeting... frankly I stand with Lee and Cruz in this and we need more of them and fewer of the McConnell ilk.

Everyone I know favor Cruz and Lee, even some "former" democrats, which there are a lot of. That's one of the reasons they need those immigrants. Blacks aren't going to come out of the Hildebeast or anyone who isn't black.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf