Author Topic: SF Bay Obamacare victims: I was laughing at boehner - until the mail came today'  (Read 727 times)

rangerrebew

SF Bay Obamacare Victims: 'I Was Laughing at Boehner -- Until the Mail Came Today'

by Elizabeth Sheld  7 Oct 2013 444  post a comment 

Share This:

Sticker shock over Obamacare has arrived in San Francisco. Now that Obamacare exchanges are live (or are they?) people looking for health care are getting quite a surprise. And it's not just limited to those looking for exchanges, other people who already have health insurance are experiencing some eye opening.

Cindy Vinson and Tom Waschura are big believers in the Affordable Care Act. They vote independent and are proud to say they helped elect and re-elect President Barack Obama.

Yet, like many other Bay Area residents who pay for their own medical insurance, they were floored last week when they opened their bills: Their policies were being replaced with pricier plans that conform to all the requirements of the new health care law.

Vinson, of San Jose, will pay $1,800 more a year for an individual policy, while Waschura, of Portola Valley, will cough up almost $10,000 more for insurance for his family of four.

With the new requirements imposed on health insurance policies, the San Franciscans are learning first hand that EX NIHILO NIHIL FIT: out of nothing, comes nothing. Ergo, someone is going to have to pay for expanded insurance coverage.

But people with no pre-existing conditions like Vinson, a 60-year-old retired teacher, and Waschura, a 52-year-old self-employed engineer, are making up the difference.

"I was laughing at Boehner -- until the mail came today,"

Waschura said, referring to House Speaker John Boehner, who is leading the Republican charge to defund Obamacare.

"I really don't like the Republican tactics, but at least now I can understand why they are so pissed about this. When you take $10,000 out of my family's pocket each year, that's otherwise disposable income or retirement savings that will not be going into our local economy."

Read the whole article, my favorite part is this:

"Of course, I want people to have health care," Vinson said. "I just didn't realize I would be the one who was going to pay for it personally."

- See more at: http://www.breitbart.com/InstaBlog/2013/10/07/SF-Bay-Obamacare-Victims-I-Was-Laughing-at-Boehner-Until-the-Mail-Came-Today#sthash.ZUfZyAA4.dpuf

Offline aligncare

Insurance premiums should be tied to your vote. If you voted for him or any 'rat that voted for Obamacare, your premium goes up. The rest of us are left alone. But poetic justice never happens in the real world.

Offline musiclady

"Of course, I want people to have health care," Vinson said. "I just didn't realize I would be the one who was going to pay for it personally."

How typical of a liberal.  I can be generous with other people's money, but not my own.

Glad to see a few are waking up, even if it's because of their own hypocrisy and unprincipled "principles."
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

Insurance premiums should be tied to your vote. If you voted for him or any 'rat that voted for Obamacare, your premium goes up. The rest of us are left alone. But poetic justice never happens in the real world.

What a lovely thought!   :beer:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

rangerrebew

I hope enough of them remember Nazi Pelosi is responsible for the debacle as anyone and vote her out! :patriot: