Author Topic: Wow: Truckers Intend To Slow Beltway Traffic to a Crawl, Creating a Three-Lane Deep Rolling Roadblock, In Support of the Constitution  (Read 2002 times)

famousdayandyear

http://ace.mu.nu/archives/343972.php
Ace of Spades HQ

October 07, 2013
Wow: Truckers Intend To Slow Beltway Traffic to a Crawl, Creating a Three-Lane Deep Rolling Roadblock, In Support of the Constitution

They're going to be doing the speed limit, 55, which is its own sort of joke, but if that's what The State says the legal limit is, well. You can't arrest someone for doing 55 then can you?

Organizers of the three-day ride want to call attention to a litany of trucker frustrations and express their disapproval of national political leaders.

Earl Conlon, a Georgia trucker who is handling logistics for the protest, told U.S. News tractor-trailer drivers will circle the beltway "three lanes deep" as he rides with other participants to Congress to seek the arrest of congressmen for allegedly disregarding the Constitution.

[EARLIER: Truckers Say Their D.C. Shutdown Is Full-Speed Ahead]

The truckers circling I-495 will keep the left lane open for emergency vehicles, Conlon said, but "everybody that doesn't have a supporter sticker on their window, good luck: Nobody in, nobody out." The trucks will be going the 55 mile-per-hour speed limit.

D.C. commuters who wish to be allowed past the convoy must have "T2SDA" – an acronym for the event's original name, "Truckers to Shut Down America" – written on their vehicle, he said.

"It's going to be real fun for anyone who is not a supporter," Conlon said, "[and] if cops decide to give us a hard time, we're going to lock the brakes up, we're going to stop right there, we're going to be a three lane roadblock."

Zeeda Andrews, a former country music singer helping promote the protest, said last week participants would present demands to congressmen – including the impeachment of President Barack Obama – and give the congressmen an opportunity to agree to the demands in exchange for canceling the ride.

They seem chiefly animated by what they claim is Obama's "unconstitutional" arming of rebels in Syria, which is like one of the few things he's done that isn't unconstitutional, but forget it, they're rolling. I support their general F.U. attitude.

This will be an interesting thing: The left does things like this all the time and they claim a legal right to do so. The judges who sentence them to time served seem to agree.

And what will The State's attitude be when people who are not leftwing assert the leftwing privilege of disruption?

We'll see.

Offline sinkspur

Never understood this sort of thing.  These truckers must be raking it in; they can afford days off to pull a stunt that won't do anything but piss off Washington commuters.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Oceander

Never understood this sort of thing.  *  *  *

That applies to an ever-lengthening list of topics, doesn't it.

famousdayandyear

Lord, let me piss off at least ONE Washington, DC commuter!   And, please Lord, let it be the driver of [fill in the friggin blank] Congressman.

Offline musiclady

Never understood this sort of thing.  These truckers must be raking it in; they can afford days off to pull a stunt that won't do anything but piss off Washington commuters.

Apparently they believe that some things are worth losing a little pay for.

Like saving the country from disaster.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Stupid article doesn't even think to provide the date(s).    :shrug:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

famousdayandyear

Stupid article doesn't even think to provide the date(s).    :shrug:

Information only, DC.  Ace of Spades HQ is a blog.  That's why I posted this opinion piece under the Opinion/Blog category.  Since they are not a news site, but provide only commentary, I would not expect them to provide the Who,What,Where,Why,When information that a true "news" source should do. 

In that sense then, the commentary is not an "article".

I respect your comment that, in your view, it is "stupid".

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.

Yet we do it. Take unpaid time off to do something we think is worth while. I figure you got a choice. Get out there, earn and get yours while the getting is good. Or make a difference. I'll choose the second option, thanks.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink