Author Topic: Rep. Al Green on Obamacare: ‘I Will Come Back in the Afterlife; I Will Haunt the Congress’  (Read 1267 times)

Offline happyg

- Speaking at a rally to demand Congress ends the government shutdown on Friday, Rep. Al Green (D-Texas) said he is “committed to the Affordable Care Act,” and he “will come back in the afterlife” to fight for it. In his closing remarks he said: “My followers, listen friends. I am committed to the Affordable Care Act, and I just want you to know this: if for some reason I should have an untimely demise, I want you to know that not only am I going to fight for the Affordable Care Act in this life, I will come back in the afterlife. I will haunt the Congress of the United States of America.”

Prior to the government shutdown, the House passed numerous continuing resolutions that included language to defund Obamacare or delay the individual mandate. The rally was sponsored by the National Treasury Employees Union. In a statement on their website, the NTEU applauds the Federal Employee Retroactive Pay Fairness Act, but says the House should bring the Senate-passed Clean CR up for a vote. Members of the Congressional Progressive Caucus were joined by furloughed federal workers outside the U.S. Capitol to demand that Congress ends the government shutdown so federal employees can get back to work. Among those speaking at the rally were: House Democratic Whip Steny Hoyer (D-Md.), Rep. Keith Ellison (D-Minn.), and Rep. Raul Grijalva (D-Ariz.), co-chairs of the Congressional Progressive Caucus, Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee (D-Texas), and Jan Schakowsky (D-Ill.), CPC Vice Chairs and Barbara Lee (D-Calif.), CPC Whip, Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.), and Rep. Marcia Fudge (D-Ohio).

- See more at: http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/craig-millward/rep-al-green-obamacare-i-will-come-back-afterlife-i-will-haunt-congress#sthash.WFze4dNB.dpuf

Offline raml

No you Won't Al Green no one comes back from hell.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Al Green, another Houston congressman, is ALMOST as smart as his friend Sheila! ALMOST!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline happyg

No you Won't Al Green no one comes back from hell.

Ha! Ha! Ha! You stole my lines! No afterlife for Green!

Offline mountaineer

So just die, already. What a silly person.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org