Author Topic: Rove: Obama Wants to 'Break the Republicans'  (Read 1104 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rove: Obama Wants to 'Break the Republicans'
« on: October 07, 2013, 01:16:18 pm »
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx?nodeid=529510

Newsmax
Rove: Obama Wants to 'Break the Republicans'
Sunday, October 6, 2013 11:58 AM

By: Amy Woods

Republican strategist Karl Rove on Sunday described President Barack Obama's behavior throughout the budget showdown as "stubborn obstructionism" whose goal is to "get more money and break the Republicans."

"The stubborn obstructionism of the president … has a purpose, which is to try and get the Congress to agree to the Senate Democrats' spending number, which is $91 billion bigger than the House, and bust the sequester, and end the 2011 spending agreements," Rove said on "Fox News Sunday." "He is attempting to put the responsibility for raising the debt ceiling and, in fact, naming the amount of the debt ceiling on the Congress and not on himself."

Rove said budget experts both inside and outside of Congress have told him a $1 trillion debt increase is needed "to get the debt and the government past the 2014 election."

"He [Obama] doesn't want to be the guy who goes out and says, well, after all this happy talk about the spending and deficits, and how everything is hunky dory, that he needs $1 trillion more in authority to get himself through the next year," Rove said.

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline olde north church

Re: Rove: Obama Wants to 'Break the Republicans'
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2013, 01:43:41 pm »
What an oracle we have in Karl.  I've heard he's a magnificent bastard.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline Relic

Re: Rove: Obama Wants to 'Break the Republicans'
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2013, 01:44:37 pm »
What an oracle we have in Karl.  I've heard he's a magnificent bastard.

I wonder if Rove just figured this out?