Author Topic: Boy, 10, cries 'Dad, dad it's not working' as paramedic fails to save him from asthma attack  (Read 863 times)

Offline happyg

Offline olde north church

Asthma has been diagnosed/described in humans for several thousand years.  I would wonder the death ratio between HIV/AIDS and research dollars vs asthma.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Online DCPatriot

Coming soon to a family in the USA.....stayed tuned!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - Iowahawk

I think the worst time to have a heart attack would be during a game of charades.

Offline olde north church

Coming soon to a family in the USA.....stayed tuned!

They already stopped the sale of Primatene mist on environmental grounds.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline happyg

I can't count the times my son elapsed into 'status asthmaticus ' where nothing worked beyond intubation and ICU hospitalization--if we lived near a major hospital with trauma facilities (no 911 then).  Last rites given on multiple occasions.  Each day was a life/death ordeal involving schools, medical professionals, constant fear of power loss, and so on.

The American Lung Association is a joke when it comes to funding research for asthma--all their efforts are expended on stop smoking campaigns.

My son Robert passed a few years ago; i find some consolation that he now has peace and resides with his Lord.  He longed to be ordained a Jesuit priest.

That is so sad, famous! My son had a friend back in the 80s who had asthma. He lived with us for a time, but finally went to live with another family. He and another friend stole weed from his dad, and after a couple hits, and he died in minutes. That was a horrible time.

Money is being wasted on the stop smoking programs. Everyone knows it bad to smoke. Besides, asthma has been on the increase while smoking is on the decrease, so the gov needs to focus solely on the disease.

Offline Rapunzel

My husband had asthma and I have no doubts it contributed to shortening his life.  When we were in monsoon season and the humidity was high he would often complain it felt like an elephant was sitting on his chest and he couldn't breathe.   Other times he said he felt like his lungs were soggy and he was drowning.

Offline SouthTexas

They already stopped the sale of Primatene mist on environmental grounds.

Doc finally got me to stop using Primatene before it was outlawed.  Was pretty addicted to that stuff.
Nicotine seemed to help, but it's a temp fix.  Quit that after 40 years of smoking, now it's back to plain old restricted bronchial tubes.  Have three or four different inhalers and none really work.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf