Author Topic: He’s Just Not That Clever  (Read 4093 times)

Offline sinkspur

Re: He’s Just Not That Clever
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2013, 02:42:15 am »
A quote. I didn't write it, and I don't know who did. But it grabs one by the short and curlies:
"Ultimately a Conservative must either be a racial nationalist or cease being a conservative.
The only logical reason for conservatism is to preserve a genetic entity, a race, or a nation, intact - all other reasons given are mere circumlocutions."

This is racism, pure and simple.  Anyone who advocates this should be anathema to true conservatism.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2013, 03:08:53 am »
Yep... Someone had to call it out. Just as well it be you, sink.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2013, 04:35:20 am »
[[ Anyone who advocates this should be anathema to true conservatism. ]]

In an earlier time, that _was_ conservatism.

Not only was it conservatism, it was the official policy of The United States. Thus, we once had immigration laws that actually made sense, by permitting some to come in (those who were seen as best being able to preserve and propogate the ethnic character of the U.S.A as it then was), and specifically excluded others. Discriminatory? Yes, of course. Unfair? Yes, again, of course.

All that changed in 1965, with Ted Kennedy's immigation reform. How's that working out for us?

The "conservatism" we have today has been fundamentally changed from what is was up until the 1940's. Once, conservatism endeavoured to "keep things as they were"; now, it's become a mushy feelgood philosophy. To be a "modern conservative" seems to mean that one should embrace a set of tenets as fanciful in their own ways, as the leftist's ideology is to him. Reality need not intrude.

Whether such changes are for the better or for worse, is your decision.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 02:58:03 pm by Fishrrman »

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2013, 05:55:49 pm »
This is racism, pure and simple.  Anyone who advocates this should be anathema to true conservatism.

My goodness, I had to pause a bit to let that that bit of moralizing superiority waft over horrible old racist me. 

The poster you're commenting to couldn't even cite its author, let alone the verbatim quote, but thanks for jumping on it like the cheap opportunist you are. That paraphrased quote you're reacting to describes modern day Aryanism, not racism.

If you can cite even ONE public conservative in modern times who advocates anything even remotely like this, and I quote:  "preserving a genetic entity or a race"  why... I'll give you a lollypop. 

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2013, 02:15:35 am »
[[ If you can cite even ONE public conservative in modern times who advocates anything even remotely like this, and I quote:  "preserving a genetic entity or a race"  why... I'll give you a lollypop. ]]

I'll take you up on that.

Open a google search page, and enter (without the quotes)
"the long retreat on race taylor"

It will bring up a comprehensive book review of:
"James J. Kilpatrick: Salesman for Segregation"
(University of North Carolina Press, 2013, $34.95, 310 pp.)

Interesting reading!

Was not Mr. Kilpatrick a very "public conservative in modern times" ?