Author Topic: Tom Hanks quips: ‘Four more years’ for Obama  (Read 716 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Tom Hanks quips: ‘Four more years’ for Obama
« on: October 07, 2013, 01:06:57 am »
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/oct/4/tom-hanks-quips-four-more-years-obama/

By Cheryl K. Chumley

-

The Washington Times

Friday, October 4, 2013

Conspiracy theorists, be on alert. Hollywood icon Tom Hanks may not have been joking when he said he wanted President Obama to run for a third term — over the prohibitions of the Constitution.

Mr. Hanks, who’s starring in the soon-to-be-released “Captain Phillips” and was in Washington, D.C., this week for a premiere showing at the Newseum, declared his choice for president for 2016: Mr. Obama, The Hill reported.

“I’m voting for Barack Obama, 2016,” he said. “Yes I am. Four more years.”

Mr. Hanks reportedly laughed while speaking. But do a Bing search on “Obama seeks third term,” and the more than 2 million hits that come back reveal the notion is both widely discussed and widely reported. MSN, for instance, in August reported on an investor — Porter Stansberry — who claims the president is secretly planning a third term.

U.S. News reported on that same Baltimore businessman’s claim in 2012.

Mr. Stansberry — whose past includes convictions for swindling customers with false investment information — sent out a mass email solicitation that landed in even former House Speaker Newt Gingrich’s box: “Most people believe the election was all about whether or not Obama will have a second term. But it was not. What was actually at stake was whether or not he will have a third term.”

The 22nd Amendment limits the number of times a president can hold the high office to two terms. That amendment came as a response to President Franklin Delano Roosevelt, who crossed long-standing U.S. presidential practice — set by George Washington — of serving only two terms. Mr. Roosevelt served for 12 years.

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: Tom Hanks quips: ‘Four more years’ for Obama
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2013, 01:12:35 am »
Constitution? What's that?

This reminds me of a quote by Pelosi when someone asked her about whether or not Obamacare was Constitutional. Her response was, "The constitution? Oh pleez".
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.