Author Topic: Records Show Army Spent $5 Million To Convict Ft. Hood Jihadist Nidal Hasan Even Though He Wanted To Plead Guilty  (Read 699 times)

famousdayandyear

http://weaselzippers.us/2013/10/06/records-show-army-spent-5-million-to-convict-ft-hood-jihadist-nidal-hasan-even-though-he-wanted-to-plead-guilty/

Records Show Army Spent $5 Million To Convict Ft. Hood Jihadist Nidal Hasan Even Though He Wanted To Plead Guilty…

A shallow grave and a single bullet would have been a hell of a lot cheaper.

Army records obtained by NBC 5 Investigates details how the U.S. government spent nearly $5 million to convict Nidal Hasan in the Fort Hood massacre — crimes for which he wanted to plead guilty.

After several months of filing requests, NBC 5 Investigates received the first detailed accounting of the costs related to the court martial and trial for the former Army psychiatrist convicted of killing 13 and injuring 32 in a mass shooting in 2009. The total bill to U.S. taxpayers was more than $4.7 million.

Hasan, who called no witnesses in his defense and asked only a few questions during the trial, wanted to plead guilty to the charges against him but was forbidden to do so by military law, so a trial had to be held.

famousdayandyear

Holy Moly.  I helped pay for this?  A small fraction of that 5Mil would have paid my mortage.  Help, I'm falling.