Author Topic: Boehner: Reid Wants 'Complete' GOP Surrender  (Read 1036 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Boehner: Reid Wants 'Complete' GOP Surrender
« on: October 06, 2013, 10:12:48 pm »
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/10/06/Boehner-Reid-Wants-Complete-GOP-Surrender-As-Condition-For-Talks-On-Funding-Gov

by AWR Hawkins 6 Oct 2013, 1:11 PM PDT 

Appearing the October 6th airing of This Week With George Stephanopoulos, House Speaker John Boehner (R-OH) said Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) wants "complete surrender" by the GOP as a prerequisite for meaningful negotiations.

After, Stephanopoulos said, "Reid said he is more than willing to have a conference, more than willing to have a negotiation, but not under the threat of a government shutdown." 

Boehner responded: "So it's 'my way or the highway,' that's what [Reid] is saying. Complete surrender, and then we'll talk to you."

Boehner added: "It's about having a conversation. I gave the Senate Majority Leader some advice at the White House about how to proceed. I gave him some advice over a week ago... And yet, they refuse to do it."

Stephanopoulos then said that Reid claims Boehner offered to pass a clean government-funding resolution in July. It had no Obamacare amendments and it was $70 billion below what the Senate wanted yet Reid accepted it. Reid now claims Boehner has gone back on it.

Boehner responded: "Clearly, there was a conversation about doing this... But I and my members decided that the threat of Obamacare and what was happening was so important that it was time for us to take a stand. And we took a stand."

Boehner said the House GOP is "unified" in its opposition to the dangers posed by Obamacare.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34