Author Topic: Shutdown meltdown: Elderly residents kicked out of private Lake Mead homes; 60 families affected  (Read 646 times)

famousdayandyear

Offline DCPatriot

I sincerely hope that they blame Barack Obama next November. 

The Republicans are going to have to decide to unite in this stand.  Do NOT distance themselves from Senator Cruz.

But I have to admit.....this is tantamount to the commercial showing Ryan throwing Granny off the cliff in the wheelchair.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - Iowahawk

famousdayandyear

Tantamount means "equivalent to" -- for yall rednecks out there.

DC, you saying

1) Disallowing residents access to their homes is equivalent to a video portrayal of a man pushing his grandmother off a cliff?

or

2) The emotional response of being thrown out of your home is the same as viewing same video?

PS:  I'm an not being obtuse

Offline DCPatriot

I'm picturing the low information voter seeing it every half-inning of every MLB game all damned Summer long.

Only it won't be a caricature of Ryan dumping a dummy dressed like Grandma.....it'll be a solemn B&W documentary-style hit piece with the same effect the SPCAA does with the sad, abused animals.

That's what bothers me.   

Take a look at what Obama gets away with saying today.....that he bends over backwards to work with Republicans.  He accuses Cruz of doing what he's been doing since his 04 Convention keynote speech.

Without the existence of an unbiased mainstream media, the only way to win is go directly to the people.  Cruz is in a position to make this happen....even if it means he falls on his sword.

People ARE suffering because of Obamacare.   

.....the irony of that 'word'     He doesn't care.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 06:19:51 PM by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - Iowahawk

famousdayandyear

I'm picturing the low information voter seeing it every half-inning of every MLB game all damned Summer long.

Only it won't be a caricature of Ryan dumping a dummy dressed like Grandma.....it'll be a solemn B&W documentary-style hit piece with the same effect the SPCAA does with the sad, abused animals.

That's what bothers me.   

Take a look at what Obama gets away with saying today.....that he bends over backwards to work with Republicans.  He accuses Cruz of doing what he's been doing since his 04 Convention keynote speech.

Without the existence of an unbiased mainstream media, the only way to win is go directly to the people.  Cruz is in a position to make this happen....even if it means he falls on his sword.

People ARE suffering because of Obamacare.   

.....the irony of that 'word'     He doesn't care.

Great points!  One caution:  A day at a time.  No telling if we'll even have another election based on the ways events are progressing.

Offline DCPatriot

No telling if we'll even have another election based on the ways events are progressing.

Wash your mouth!   :nono:

famousdayandyear

Wash your mouth!   :nono:

See you at the "rehab" camp.  (Can I bunk next to you?)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf