Author Topic: Cruz responds to Obama's criticism: 'We're winning'  (Read 994 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Cruz responds to Obama's criticism: 'We're winning'
« on: October 06, 2013, 08:01:54 pm »
http://www.politico.com/blogs/politico-live/2013/10/cruz-responds-to-obamas-criticism-were-winning-174385.html?hp=r2

Cruz responds to Obama's criticism: 'We're winning'

By JENNIFER EPSTEIN |
10/6/13 10:52 AM EDT

Sen. Ted Cruz says he's being attacked by Democrats because his strategy on Obamacare has been successful.

"The fact that you are seeing so many nasty partisan jabs from Democrats" and that Democrats, including Senator Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.), "have not been shy in using all sorts of ad hominem inflammatory attacks" means that Cruz's message is gaining traction, he said Sunday on CNN's "State of the Union."

The attacks, Cruz said, are "indicative of the fact that we're winning the argument -- Obamacare isn't working."

The Texas Republican's comments came in response to a question about President Barack Obama's recent criticism of freshman senators, including Cruz, who are seeking out national attention. "I recognize that in today's media age, being controversial, taking controversial positions, rallying the most extreme parts of your base, whether it's left or right, is a lot of times the fastest way to get attention and raise money," Obama told The Associated Press. "But it's not good for government."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
Re: Cruz responds to Obama's criticism: 'We're winning'
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2013, 08:05:28 pm »
"I recognize that in today's media age, being controversial, taking controversial positions, rallying the most extreme parts of your base, whether it's left or right, is a lot of times the fastest way to get attention and raise money," Obama told The Associated Press. "But it's not good for government."

There was a day when I couldn't believe he could say stuff like this with a straight face.  Now I expect it.  I also expect the MSM to never see the blatant hypocrisy.