Author Topic: Jenna Bush Proclaims She's 'Related' to Hillary Through 'Uncle Bill'  (Read 677 times)

Offline Rapunzel

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/10/05/Family-Business-Jenna-Bush-Proclaims-She-s-Related-to-HIllary-Through-Uncle-Bill

Jenna Bush Proclaims She's 'Related' to Hillary Through 'Uncle Bill'

by Tony Lee 6 Oct 2013, 3:37 AM PDT

George W. Bush's daughter proclaimed this week that she was related to former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.

At a gala for the Save the Children organization in New York, Jenna Bush-Hager was the emcee and "spoke about the family ties she had with" Hillary Clinton, who was one of the evening's honorees.

"I'm not sure if you know this, but Secretary Clinton and I are actually related," Jenna announced, according to the Daily Mail. "Yes, she's married to by uncle Bill. Uncle Bill has become so close with my grandparents and my father...that my dad calls him a brother from another mother."

These comments will not assuage those from the left and right who have criticized the Bush and Clinton families for epitomizing the so-called "Bipartisan Establishment Party" that colludes to expand government and make Washington, D.C. a "boomtown" that is a hotbed of cronyism. Conservatives criticized George W. Bush last decade for expanding government with policies like No Child Left Behind and Tarp. And, as documented in the District of Corruption movie, the roots of modern crony capitalism in Washington can actually be traced back to the Clinton administration, which shamelessly pioneered the commercialization of the White House. Recently, the New York Times reported that Bill Clinton's foundation, which he started after he left office, has been rife with cronyism.

Though Bill Clinton defeated George H.W. Bush in the 1992 presidential election, the two former presidents bonded last decade by partnering on various disaster relief programs. Other members of the Bush and Clinton families have become close as well. Last month, Jeb Bush awarded the National Constitution Center's Liberty Medal to Hillary Clinton on the one-year anniversary of the Benghazi terror attacks in which four Americans were murdered while Clinton was Secretary of State.

And there may be more Clintons and Bushes ready to get involved in the family business. Chelsea Clinton has been rumored to be a potential politician to watch while George P. Bush, the son of Jeb Bush, is running for statewide office in Texas.

Later in the evening, Hillary Clinton took the stage and also spoke of the "special feeling of kinship" she had with Jenna, even referring to her husband as "uncle Bill."

"It is an unusual experience living in the White House and I am so proud of what you're doing," Hillary Clinton said. "So I join your Uncle Bill in telling you 'keep at it.'"

The event reportedly raised $1.8 million for the organization.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776