Author Topic: City orders residents to remove "God Bless America signs"  (Read 969 times)

rangerrebew

City orders residents to remove "God Bless America signs"
« on: October 06, 2013, 02:26:07 pm »
City Orders Residents to Remove ‘God Bless America’ Signs

5 October 2013   / 349 Comments   

Residents of a Florida city who have had “God Bless America” signs posted on their front lawns for months have been ordered by local officials to remove them.

MyFoxTampaBay.com reports that the First Baptist Church of Bartow distributed some 300 signs to residents following a Fourth of July celebration. The city only permits residents to display signs during major holidays is starting to crack down on the displays.

“Being a veteran, I felt like I was just kicked in the gut. I couldn’t believe it, that I couldn’t display my love for my nation by putting a sign up that says “God Bless America,” Bartow resident Marcus Seger told the station.

The city’s code enforcement division recently notified offending residents that its temporary sign ordinance has been in place for 13 years and already allows for some exceptions for yard displays.

“They can have those signs out on holidays that are relevant,” ,” Bartow Code Enforcement Director Gregg Lamb said. “You can have a temporary sign around Christmas if it’s related to Christmas. Or the 4th of July. The sign ordinance has exceptions for that.”

Read More:  http://www.foxnews.com/

Read more at http://minutemennews.com/2013/10/city-orders-residents-remove-god-bless-america-signs/#hYYCd8OzRc8pamIv.99

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Re: City orders residents to remove "God Bless America signs"
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2013, 02:30:24 pm »
If people want these things to stop, they need to quit letting the nanny gov types in their local government. They need to quit waiting for someone else to help. They need to start running for local seats. From city council to zoning committees to school boards. 

We need to take back the nation one square block at a time.

rangerrebew

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2013, 02:47:55 pm »

Or we all be living in a virtual Detroit. :2gunz:

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2013, 02:52:36 pm »
Or we all be living in a virtual Detroit. :2gunz:

There won't be anything "virtual" about it!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2013, 03:20:22 pm »
If people want these things to stop, they need to quit letting the nanny gov types in their local government. They need to quit waiting for someone else to help. They need to start running for local seats. From city council to zoning committees to school boards. 

That is correct... We need to go from the bottom up.. Not from the top down.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/