Author Topic: MIKE LEE REVEALS DETAILS OF THE ‘ALL-OUT’, ‘DEMEANING’ ATTACK AGAINST HIM AND TED CRUZ…DURING MEETING WITH REPUBLICAN SENATORS  (Read 2157 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/10/04/mike-lee-reveals-details-of-the-all-out-demeaning-attack-against-him-and-ted-cruz-during-meeting-with-republican-senators/

MIKE LEE REVEALS DETAILS OF THE ‘ALL-OUT’, ‘DEMEANING’ ATTACK AGAINST HIM AND TED CRUZ…DURING MEETING WITH REPUBLICAN SENATORS
Oct. 4, 2013 8:08pm Jason Howerton

During an informative radio interview on Friday, Sen. Mike Lee (R-Utah) revealed just how much opposition he and Tea Party favorite Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) are facing within their own party as they try to change things in Washington, D.C.

Lee told conservative radio host Hugh Hewitt about a recent closed-door meeting with Republican senators, during which he and Cruz were “attacked” and ridiculed. Details of the meeting were leaked to the press, but the sources of the leak were not willing to go on the record and reveal their names.

“Normally, I don’t comment at all on closed-door meetings between Republican Senators. It’s a pretty strict rule we have,” Lee began, adding that someone had already released the facts of the meeting.

“It was an all-out attack against Ted Cruz and me,” Lee recalled. “It was unflattering. It was unfair. It was demeaning.”

Lee said the meeting was also “demeaning to those who engaged in the attacks.” The Utah Republican refused to reveal which Republicans went after him, however, he said it was enough senators that he “lost count.”

When asked if anyone came to his defense, Lee responded, “Sort of, not really.”

So far, none of the GOP senators who berated Lee and Cruz have come forward to apologize.

While Lee agreed with Hewitt on the fact that the GOP “base” is “thrilled” with the stand he has taken against Obamacare, he said that others within the “Washington, D.C. political establishment” are “really angry” about what they are doing.

“I believe in forgiving and forgetting,” Lee said later. “I think we can get beyond that. But we need to stay focused on the goal, which is not to fight fellow Republicans, but…fighting the party of Obamacare.”

Listen to the audio via The Hugh Hewitt Show/Mediaite:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akHQMt8NnyE
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Rapunzel

Ron Johnson, the senator from WI was on BOR earlier, what a disapointment - ever since he went to the dinner with Obama, McCain, Graham, etc., he has forgotten he was elected by the Tea Party and become a full-fledged jerk.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

famousdayandyear

Mike Lee and Ted Cruz are honorable men and would never name names.

However, based on the public remarks of my own weasel Senator Burr and others who look to the Senate as their livelihood, I can guess.

Offline sinkspur

“Normally, I don’t comment at all on closed-door meetings between Republican Senators. It’s a pretty strict rule we have,” Lee began, adding that someone had already released the facts of the meeting.

It's a strict rule, which "someone" has violated, but Lee decides he's got to play the victim.

I thought he and Cruz were taking a heroic stance, knowing they wouldn't be supported. 

"I believe in forgiving and forgetting,"  Lee said later.

Except when he doesn't. 

Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

Ron Johnson, the senator from WI was on BOR earlier, what a disapointment - ever since he went to the dinner with Obama, McCain, Graham, etc., he has forgotten he was elected by the Tea Party and become a full-fledged jerk.

Ron Johnson is from Wisconsin.  It is ludicrous to assert that he was "elected" by the Tea Party.  The Tea Party is a minoriity in the Republican Party.  I guess none of those non-tea party voters matter.

Offline Rapunzel

Mike Lee is loved by true Conservative Utahn's, which is the majority of Republicans in Utah.   John McCain cannot say the same about how Arizonan's feel about him and it seems Lindsay Graham cannot say the same in SC and you can bet they were leading this beat-down... 

oh, almost forgot .. and the 200K that were on the Ted Cruz telephone townhall.  Few Americans in either party know who the hell Ron Johnson even is by comparison.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 01:49:20 am by Rapunzel »
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline sinkspur

Mike Lee is loved by true Conservative Utahn's, which is the majority of Republicans in Utah.   John McCain cannot say the same about how Arizonan's feel about him and it seems Lindsay Graham cannot say the same in SC and you can bet they were leading this beat-down... 

oh, almost forgot .. and the 200K that were on the Ted Cruz telephone townhall.  Few Americans in either party know who the hell Ron Johnson even is by comparison.

How do you know? 

One of the traits of a heroic personality is the ability to get beyond criticism.   Whiners are not heroes.

Does it matter to Lee that the Republicans, as a caucus, are no longer talking about defunding and aren't even talking about wholesale delaying.  The likelihood that ANYTHING other than the repeal of the medical device tax will be part of any deal is almost nonexistent.

In other words, Lee and Cruz lost.  Republicans could likely have gotten repeal  of the medical device tax without shutting down the government.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 01:58:23 am by sinkspur »

Offline sinkspur

The number was half that (104K) and knowing about someone and favoring their point of view are two different things.

Offline Rapunzel

How do you know? 

One of the traits of a heroic personality is the ability to get beyond criticism.   Whiners are not heroes.

Does it matter to Lee that the Republicans, as a caucus, are no longer talking about defunding and aren't even talking about wholesale delaying.  The likelihood that ANYTHING other than the repeal of the medical device tax will be part of any deal is almost nonexistent.

In other words, Lee and Cruz lost.  Republicans could likely have gotten repeal  of the medical device tax without shutting down the government.

I know because I know a lot of people in Utah and some who even know Mike Lee.

Oh and I know someone who worked with Huntsman when he was governor and he is an even bigger a-hole than he came across in the run for President and in his no labels ads.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 02:00:40 am by Rapunzel »

Offline Rapunzel

@InfidelAlie

What's the difference between a republican and a democrat? A. The republican signs the front of the check and the democrat signs the back.

Offline Cincinnatus

As I have pointed out numerous times now, it is neither Cruz nor Lee who is betraying Republican principles as outlined in the Party's 2012 platform, but those Republicans who do not support their efforts.

Congressional Republicans are committed to its repeal

http://whitehouse16.com/republican-party-platform/#Item6
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Wisconsin voters know who he is.  I'm proud of my vote for him.

famousdayandyear

From the Daily Caller:
Republic Senators LEAKED details of the meeting, but remained ANONYMOUS.

Mike Lee: He and Ted Cruz faced ‘demeaning’ and ‘all-out attack’ from GOP colleagues

Posted By Jeff Poor On 12:05 PM 10/05/2013 In Politics | No Comments

Senate Republicans furiously attacked Texas Sen. Ted Cruz and Utah Sen. Mike Lee behind closed doors and leaked details of an off-record meeting to the media to harm the two senators, according to Lee.

Lee divulged some of the details of a closed-door meeting on Hugh Hewitt’s radio show on Friday, since he said much of it had been leaked to the media by his own colleagues.

“[N]ormally, I don’t comment at all on closed-door meetings between Republican senators,” Lee said. “It’s a pretty strict rule we follow. But one exception I’ll make is circumstances like this, where contents of the meeting were leaked deliberately by several of my colleagues and leaked in a very one-sided way. I’m happy to tell you about it here.”

“It was an all-out attack against Ted Cruz and me,” he continued. “It was unflattering. It was unfair. It was demeaning. It was demeaning to Sen. Cruz and me, but more than anything, it was demeaning to those who engaged in the attack.”

Lee said a number of senators had rose to speak against he and Cruz — “enough that I lost count.”

“I have to ask the question — why weren’t those who leaked this and leaked it in an unflattering and unfavorable way — why were they not willing to attach their names to those quotes?” he said. “You know, Ted Cruz and I spoke after the meeting and you know, we would both be fine with the American people seeing and hearing what we said in that meeting. But we’re pretty sure most of our colleagues would be very uncomfortable and downright embarrassed if their constituents saw the way they were behaving.”

Lee added there were “not really” any in the GOP caucus who had rose to his and Cruz’s defense.

“There were a lot of people who were participating directly in the attacks, adding fuel to the fire,” Lee added. “There were a lot of others who were staring at their shoes.”

Oceander

And that is why the 11th Commandment, made famous by Reagan, was invented:  to muzzle the vicious attacks by moderate republicans on other republicans.  Would that the GOP still observed the 11th Commandment.