Author Topic: City orders residents to remove "God Bless America signs"  (Read 403 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• America defending Veteran
  • TBR Contributor
  • “It’s easier to fool people than to convince them
City orders residents to remove "God Bless America signs"
« on: October 06, 2013, 10:26:07 AM »
City Orders Residents to Remove ‘God Bless America’ Signs

5 October 2013   / 349 Comments   

Residents of a Florida city who have had “God Bless America” signs posted on their front lawns for months have been ordered by local officials to remove them.

MyFoxTampaBay.com reports that the First Baptist Church of Bartow distributed some 300 signs to residents following a Fourth of July celebration. The city only permits residents to display signs during major holidays is starting to crack down on the displays.

“Being a veteran, I felt like I was just kicked in the gut. I couldn’t believe it, that I couldn’t display my love for my nation by putting a sign up that says “God Bless America,” Bartow resident Marcus Seger told the station.

The city’s code enforcement division recently notified offending residents that its temporary sign ordinance has been in place for 13 years and already allows for some exceptions for yard displays.

“They can have those signs out on holidays that are relevant,” ,” Bartow Code Enforcement Director Gregg Lamb said. “You can have a temporary sign around Christmas if it’s related to Christmas. Or the 4th of July. The sign ordinance has exceptions for that.”

Read More:  http://www.foxnews.com/

Read more at http://minutemennews.com/2013/10/city-orders-residents-remove-god-bless-america-signs/#hYYCd8OzRc8pamIv.99
Abraham Lincoln:

There is no grievance that is a fit object of redress by mob law.
--January 27, 1838 Lyceum Address

Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties. And not to Democrats alone do I make this appeal, but to all who love these
great and true principles.
--August 27, 1856 Speech at Kalamazoo, Michigan

Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.
--July 10, 1858 Speech at Chicago

Offline AbaraXas

• Не русский хакер
  • Social Media Advisor
  • Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Re: City orders residents to remove "God Bless America signs"
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2013, 10:30:24 AM »
If people want these things to stop, they need to quit letting the nanny gov types in their local government. They need to quit waiting for someone else to help. They need to start running for local seats. From city council to zoning committees to school boards. 

We need to take back the nation one square block at a time.

Offline rangerrebew

• America defending Veteran
  • TBR Contributor
  • “It’s easier to fool people than to convince them
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2013, 10:47:55 AM »

Or we all be living in a virtual Detroit. :2gunz:
Abraham Lincoln:

There is no grievance that is a fit object of redress by mob law.
--January 27, 1838 Lyceum Address

Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties. And not to Democrats alone do I make this appeal, but to all who love these
great and true principles.
--August 27, 1856 Speech at Kalamazoo, Michigan

Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.
--July 10, 1858 Speech at Chicago

Online Bigun

• The income tax: Root of all evil!
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2013, 10:52:36 AM »
Or we all be living in a virtual Detroit. :2gunz:

There won't be anything "virtual" about it!

Online kevindavis

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2013, 11:20:22 AM »
If people want these things to stop, they need to quit letting the nanny gov types in their local government. They need to quit waiting for someone else to help. They need to start running for local seats. From city council to zoning committees to school boards. 

That is correct... We need to go from the bottom up.. Not from the top down.
GOP House members came to Paul Ryan to be Speaker. He didn't come to them. And he was everybody's conservative darling back in 2012. So unless 1 of the remaining 240 wants to step up & do a better job in budgeting & negotiations & herding the party cats, then everybody please STFU. You go to battle with the army you have, not the one you want but don't have.

Kevin Davis

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf