Author Topic: Obama: I’m Willing to Negotiate Health Care Law — but Not Until Shutdown Ends and New Debt Ceiling Passes  (Read 2162 times)

Offline Olivia

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama says he’s willing to negotiate changes to his signature health care law and to find ways to reduce spending, but stresses he will not bargain until after Congress reopens the government and passes a new debt ceiling.

Obama says he doesn’t expect Congress to breach the deadline to increase the nation’s borrowing limit, adding that a majority of lawmakers in the House would vote raise the credit limit without conditions, as well as end the partial government shutdown.

The president made these statements during an interview with the Associated Press.

As TheBlaze has previously reported, the New York Times says House Speaker John Boehner told fellow lawmakers he’s willing to allow legislation to come to the House floor that would raise the nation’s debt limit again, even if a majority of House Republicans oppose such a measure.

That move would violate the longstanding Hastert rule, an unwritten policy that says the Speaker will not allow legislation on the floor that is not supported by a majority of the party in power.

Should such legislation come to the floor, it would require only a small number of Republicans to cross the aisle and join Democrats in voting for and passing it.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/10/05/obama-im-willing-to-negotiate-health-care-law-but-not-until-shutdown-ends-and-new-debt-ceiling-passes/

Now that requires a certain amount of trust, Obama.  Let me check your record for lies and I'll get back to you..
Truthfully, the most important thing in life is knowing what the most important things in life are, and prioritizing them accordingly.   Melchor Lim

Offline olde north church

I forget the source but one expert on Soviet policy has inquired, "Now one must ask why?".  Obviously his polls having him looking like the consummate bleep, one of significant magnitude.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
I forget the source but one expert on Soviet policy has inquired, "Now one must ask why?".  Obviously his polls having him looking like the consummate bleep, one of significant magnitude.

Why? Because he has no intention of actually doing it. That's why.
He will say, "Let me be clear(obligatory), my words may have been taken out of context. What I meant was......."
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline olde north church

Why? Because he has no intention of actually doing it. That's why.
He will say, "Let me be clear(obligatory), my words may have been taken out of context. What I meant was......."

Remarkably, the Speaker's requests to negotiate haven't been reported.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Online mountaineer

Because he has no intention of actually doing it.
Exactly. After all this "we won't negotiate with Republicans" business now he's going to do it - and look even weaker than he already does? Valerie won't permit it.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 05:02:14 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online andy58-in-nh

"Give up all of your weapons and accept all of my demands" is not a negotiating strategy.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline aligncare

Obama is a serial liar. He refuses to talk to the opposition and then make statements in the media that he's "bent over backwards" to work with Republicans. Why would anyone believe a thing he says? And secondly, why should Republicans give away their bargaining position? What a maroon...

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

He's forcing Republicans to come out and publicly call him a liar.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
"Give up all of your weapons and accept all of my demands" is not a negotiating strategy.

You made me laugh with that, but it is a typical Muslim tactic for real. When I was in Israel, the Arab actually said, "We will not negotiate with the State of Israel on the status of land, until after they remove themselves from all Arab land." That is for real.

Maybe Hussein mullah Barack was over there at the time guiding the negotiations. It could be, you know. Nobody knows a damn thing about the guy except what Alinsky wrote in those books.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online andy58-in-nh

He's forcing Republicans to come out and publicly call him a liar.
At this late hour, I find no compelling reason for Republicans not to do exactly that, and in the process enjoy watching him act like the spoiled, petulant, banging-my-spoon-on-the-high-chair child that he is.

And why not?

The compendium of Obama's lies, falsehoods, misrepresentations of material fact, distortions and deceptions is almost too long to fully catalog.

But here's a good place to start: http://obamalies.net/list-of-lies

"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
This is a signal of desperation on the part of Obama (and no, he doesn't have ANY intention of negotiating squat - he's lying as usual).  The Republicans would score points for calling him a liar - and for telling him his pants are on fire.

They are getting desperate, we are winning.
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline flowers

What a liar. He won't negotiate.

Oceander

No, but it is the standard liberal mindset.

Offline Olivia

Obama is a serial liar. He refuses to talk to the opposition and then make statements in the media that he's "bent over backwards" to work with Republicans. Why would anyone believe a thing he says? And secondly, why should Republicans give away their bargaining position? What a maroon...

The thing is, we have to hope the republicans won't be that stupid but never say never..
If they give in, they can forget about 2014.  If fact, they can just forget about the party because it will be finished.
Truthfully, the most important thing in life is knowing what the most important things in life are, and prioritizing them accordingly.   Melchor Lim

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
I do not think he understands what "negotiation" means.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024