Author Topic: Calling All Patriots: Million Veteran March On The D.C. Memorials October 13th  (Read 30686 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2013/10/calling-all-patriots-million-veteran-march-on-the-d-c-memorials-october-13th/

Calling All Patriots: Million Veteran March On The D.C. Memorials October 13th Posted by Rachel Pulaski on Saturday, October 5, 2013, 1:52 PM -

A new rally is forming, “Million Vet March On The Memorials” that will be held 9am October 13, 2013 at the war memorials in Washington D.C.

The group is fed up with veterans being used as political pawns and are calling all patriots to attend, via their facebook page:

We are all military brats, current and former military spouses and some veterans. We cannot express how utterly disappointed we were that our Greatest Generation were being used as political pawns in the ongoing government shutdown and budget crisis. This should never be the case.

We do not care what political leanings you may be; be it liberal, conservative, Democrat, Republican, Libertarian, Independent or whatever. The actions of the U.S. government this week with regard to barricading and shutting down the World War II Memorial to veterans, that may or may not be on their last trip to Washington DC, is a despicable act of cowardice.

Veterans this week were unwillingly pitted as pawns in this crisis. We feel that this should never be the case. This is why we will go to Congress after the budget crisis and ask for a bill to be introduced that would prevent any member of the government from closing our memorials down to any American, except for maintenance purposes. In the meantime, we will have our March in Washington DC on October 13th! Our veterans deserve that!

Many in our group have decided that enough is enough. We are Americans. We are proud of our heritage and our service. As all of us were military brats and spouses, we have served in some form or another our entire lives. This is our way of life. We will not stand by and let the U.S. government dishonor the legacy of sacrifice of the generations before us. It is time to make a stand! We hope that you will join us in our peaceful protest against anti-American policies.

http://1mvetmarch.wordpress.com/

« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 10:15:14 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Whatever 0rganization is behind this, ought to publish a list of Veterans Memorials and Cemeteries all over the Fruited Plains.

If you can't get to DC, try real hard to get to the locations in your area.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
This isn't going to end well.   Not with this gang.   :pondering:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline musiclady

Man, I hope this happens!
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

Whatever 0rganization is behind this, ought to publish a list of Veterans Memorials and Cemeteries all over the Fruited Plains.

If you can't get to DC, try real hard to get to the locations in your area.

THAT is a great idea. 

Offline sinkspur

This isn't going to end well.   Not with this gang.   :pondering:

Since a large number of vets I heard interviewed the other day are angry at the Republicans in Congress, you're exactly right.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline musiclady

Since a large number of vets I heard interviewed the other day are angry at the Republicans in Congress, you're exactly right.

Self-censored
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 02:31:48 am by musiclady »

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Cincinnatus

Here is a list of current locations where a Vet March will occur.

http://1mvetmarch.wordpress.com/rally-points/
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline raml

Sorry sinkspur there are many more vets that are furious with Obama not the republicans other than John McCain and the other rhinos. Check out their facebook pages and you will see who they are mad at. They would like to see the democrats in the senate and house arrested for what they are doing. There hatred for Obama is quite obvious.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Set this as a Sticky so it can be a live thread tomorrow.

Offline ABX

Sorry sinkspur there are many more vets that are furious with Obama not the republicans other than John McCain and the other rhinos. Check out their facebook pages and you will see who they are mad at. They would like to see the democrats in the senate and house arrested for what they are doing. There hatred for Obama is quite obvious.

They haven't been calling them #Barrycades for nothing. There is a lot more anger directed at the President than is being reported on. (They've all but ignored that his approval ratings have dropped below Bush's for the same time during his presidency).  Vets are smart enough to know that the shutdowns are coming right from the administration (the Secretary of the Interior who answers to the President is over the Park Service).

Offline ABX

Since a large number of vets I heard interviewed....

You should know better than that... The media creates the narrative and chooses what they air to support the narrative.

Offline Cincinnatus

I am taking part in one tomorrow. We have a rather nice Veteran's Memorial in a local city park where it is to take place so I don't think the feds have anything to do with it, but I don't know.

Shall share some pics depending on how it goes.

Oh, just wanted to add for perspective and orientation that is the Columbia River in the background.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 07:43:59 pm by Cincinnatus »
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline musiclady

I am taking part in one tomorrow. We have a rather nice Veteran's Memorial in a local city park where it is to take place so I don't think the feds have anything to do with it, but I don't know.

We had a tiny Tea Party protest of the IRS here in our small city, and the feds showed up.

DHS vehicle labeled "POLICE" to monitor the behavior of a bunch of senior citizen patriots who don't want the IRS targeting them.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if the feds show up in as many places as possible.

BAD PR move.

Offline Cincinnatus

We had a tiny Tea Party protest of the IRS here in our small city, and the feds showed up.

DHS vehicle labeled "POLICE" to monitor the behavior of a bunch of senior citizen patriots who don't want the IRS targeting them.

Much the same happened to us. We have a big federal bldg. that houses the courts, FBI, HS, and heaven knows what else. Our demonstration was across the street in a city park. Representatives of HS warned us if we were to cross the street to the side on which the bldg. was we would be detained. Really. And on a public sidewalk no less.

Offline musiclady

Much the same happened to us. We have a big federal bldg. that houses the courts, FBI, HS, and heaven knows what else. Our demonstration was across the street in a city park. Representatives of HS warned us if we were to cross the street to the side on which the bldg. was we would be detained. Really. And on a public sidewalk no less.

That's disgusting.

They're absolutely out of control.

I hope people (other than ourselves) are paying attention.

famousdayandyear

General lack of media coverage; have gleaned from various sources that SOS (SpecOps), truckers and bikers will ensure that veterans have proper access.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

f

Right away....they're thinking Timothy McVeigh.   

Singularly, a cop will admit how they are happy to monitor the Tea Party.   It's like being a Wal Mart greeter at midnight.  Everybody's polite, etc..

I just don't trust Valerie Jarrett here.  She's looking for an excuse to crack heads.

And don't forget....according to Janet...returning soldiers from war and veterans in general should be closely monitored for signs of domestic terrorism.

Don't know...maybe my nose is too close to the tree.   [/s]

I'll try to take some pics tomorrow morning....  :patriot:
« Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 01:17:52 am by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline happyg

If the patriots don't start acting up soon, Valerie will have to send in her own goon to create chaos in the name of republicans. They need that crisis.

Offline Cincinnatus

If the patriots don't start acting up soon, Valerie will have to send in her own goon to create chaos in the name of republicans. They need that crisis.

I don't see that as too far off the mark. I suspect agent provocateurs will be utilized by the Obama camp eventually.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I'll try to take some pics tomorrow morning....  :patriot:

Oh good..post them here DC...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Rapunzel

http://www.motivationtruth.com/2013/10/governor-palin-to-attend-million-vet.html

Governor Palin to Attend Million Vet March Tomorrow
Saturday, October 12, 2013

After spending today in New Jersey, Governor Palin and Todd will be in Washington, D.C., tomorrow at the Million Vet March. The Governor always honors our veterans, so there's no surprise that she and Todd would make the trip to show our nation's finest the support they deserve.

She shared on Facebook:

Todd and I are going to D.C. tomorrow to honor our vets at our war memorials. We had a great time today in NJ rallying for Steve Lonegan with "The Great One" and Tea Party Express!

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/10/12/Palin-Going-To-Million-Vets-March-At-WWII-Memorial
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

rangerrebew

There must be some mistake. :whistle:  It would be against the law for the DHS to have a "police" force - unless it is like the Gestapo. :woohoo:

famousdayandyear

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
That is one HUGE crowd.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink