Author Topic: Country Club Republicans Must Go  (Read 7774 times)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Country Club Republicans Must Go
« Reply #50 on: October 07, 2013, 12:19:34 am »
The reason Conservatives don't do well in primaries is so damn many of them believe they are the "true" Conservative and divide the vote among them.  Then there is the "Devout" candidate who flim-flams the "True Believers" as far as he can, until only the Moderate remains.
That is not intelligent, or politically sophisticated.

I think some of them run, because "former potus candidate" is a career enhancing move, yielding six and seven figure income, almost for life.  Buchanan, Gingrich, Palin come immediately to my mind.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #51 on: October 07, 2013, 12:21:24 am »
The media helps to divide the votes.  As soon as a conservative gets on the ballot, the media will start vilifying him/her. The media eliminates them one by one until all we have left standing are people like John McCain.
I'm disgusted with the "country club" section of the republican party.  I changed my affiliation to independent and all conservatives should do the same.  If might not matter in the overall scheme of things but it will make you feel better.
You'd "feel better" if conservatives won more elections, right?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline olde north church

« Reply #52 on: October 07, 2013, 01:13:46 am »
That is not intelligent, or politically sophisticated.

I think some of them run, because "former potus candidate" is a career enhancing move, yielding six and seven figure income, almost for life.  Buchanan, Gingrich, Palin come immediately to my mind.

Not intelligent or politically sophisticated?  I can go back to 1988 and give the name for each category and if you were intellectually honest, you could too.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #53 on: October 07, 2013, 01:16:13 am »
Not intelligent or politically sophisticated?  I can go back to 1988 and give the name for each category and if you were intellectually honest, you could too.

Please?

Not a challenge, just curiosity.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #54 on: October 07, 2013, 01:31:43 am »
Did I sleep through Palin's campaign for President?  Must have since TS keeps insisting she ran.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline olde north church

« Reply #55 on: October 07, 2013, 01:49:42 am »
Please?

Not a challenge, just curiosity.

George HW Bush VP
Pat Robertson
Bob Dole

George HW Bush
Pat Buchanan
David Duke

Bob Dole
Pat Buchanan
Steve Forbes
Lamar Alexander
Bob Dornan
Alan Keyes
Phil Gramm

George W Bush
Allan Keyes
John McCain
Steve Forbes
Gary Bauer
Dan Quayle

Jack Kemp was either 1996 or 2000

Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline Olivia

« Reply #56 on: October 07, 2013, 04:01:09 pm »
You'd "feel better" if conservatives won more elections, right?

Yes, I would feel better if conservatives won more elections, but I also feel better knowing I'm not a member of the republican party.  I'm fed up with their caving to the democrats at every turn and acting like they're acting in my best interest.  Ha!
Every move they make is for their own careers and the advancement of their positions.
I'm speaking of the Karl Rove elitist branch of the republican party who's about as predictable as Dick Morris.
Truthfully, the most important thing in life is knowing what the most important things in life are, and prioritizing them accordingly.   Melchor Lim

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #57 on: October 07, 2013, 06:01:17 pm »
Yes, I would feel better if conservatives won more elections, but I also feel better knowing I'm not a member of the republican party.  I'm fed up with their caving to the democrats at every turn and acting like they're acting in my best interest.  Ha!
Every move they make is for their own careers and the advancement of their positions.
I'm speaking of the Karl Rove elitist branch of the republican party who's about as predictable as Dick Morris.

Which is why a growing number if us gave 're registered as independent.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline musiclady

« Reply #58 on: October 07, 2013, 09:07:55 pm »
That works both ways, truth. Why bank on the country club republicans, when there are people like Lee, Cruz, and Rand who feel like millions of us? I haven't changed my views in 45 years, but the republican party has. Truth be told, Cruz came in line with the rest of us. He isn't leading anyone, since we have already "been there".

Wow.  GREAT comment, happyg!

We haven't moved right.  We've been there for decades.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #59 on: October 07, 2013, 09:25:43 pm »
Wow.  GREAT comment, happyg!

We haven't moved right.  We've been there for decades.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: for happyg AND ML.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #60 on: October 07, 2013, 09:57:17 pm »
That works both ways, truth. Why bank on the country club republicans, when there are people like Lee, Cruz, and Rand who feel like millions of us? I haven't changed my views in 45 years, but the republican party has. Truth be told, Cruz came in line with the rest of us. He isn't leading anyone, since we have already "been there".

Very well said Hap! And absolutely true! I've spend a good many years now working toward this day and can say that I was out here on the field when Texas turned bright red (not that we don't still have plenty of work to do in Texas) and hope to be there when the whole country follows suit!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien