Author Topic: Country Club Republicans Must Go  (Read 7778 times)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Country Club Republicans Must Go
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2013, 02:27:37 am »
Obama's revealing his mean streak in dealing with the veterans.  You're doing a fantastic job of defending the vets.
Was with a couple of potential clients over the last few days. One socializes with our House Rep, a very, very conservative one. Yet he does not claim membership in the TP.

Anyway these guys think the Vet thing is big. That Obama, and by extension the dems, risk a lot by messing with them.

Also agree with me, the GOP performance overall is very poor, TP included.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2013, 02:32:21 am »
One thing I have NEVER done is discuss politics with clients or potential clients, ever.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2013, 02:41:05 am »
One thing I have NEVER done is discuss politics with clients or potential clients, ever.
Why not?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2013, 02:41:56 am »
Why not?

Best way to lose a client.  Politics, religion and business do not mix. I keep it professional.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2013, 02:47:17 am »
Hmm, yeah.  And it had nothing to do with the democrats in the Senate refusing to consider any sort of GOP appropriations continuing resolution to fund some part of the federal government; nothing to do with the democrats' refusal to consider anything but a blanket continuing resolution.

I don't think the HuffPO could have put the "spin" more eloquently than you have.

And this is a poster-child illustration of what the 11th Commandment was intended to stop - vituperative, emotional attacks by moderates on their more conservative brethren, attacks that do nothing more than split the GOP and hand the democrats more than enough ammunition to finish off what the moderates' self-inflicted political suicide attempts have not.

The 11th Commandment applies to EVERYBODY in the GOP.  Your interpretation is completely wrong.

Cruz's implication that those who disagree with him are equivalent to Nazi enablers is a perfect example of a violation of the 11th Commandment from the TP side.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline happyg

« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2013, 02:49:38 am »
The 11th Commandment applies to EVERYBODY in the GOP.  Your interpretation is completely wrong.

Cruz's implication that those who disagree with him are equivalent to Nazi enablers is a perfect example of a violation of the 11th Commandment from the TP side.

Peter King and John McCain, to name two republicans, started the name calling. They attacked Paul, Lee, and Cruz from day one. King and McCain disgust me.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2013, 02:52:12 am »

It works BOTH WAYS.  I can't stand King or McCain or Graham.  But Cruz isn't helping with his Nazi enabler stuff.

and you wonder why people have stopped even trying to treat you with respect of opinion when you continue to spew the lefts talking points (aka Palin quit, Nazi enabler, etc.) You have been given the facts ad nauseam and continue like the same broken incorrect record.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 03:09:52 am by Rapunzel »

Offline happyg

« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2013, 02:56:30 am »
And Cruz is siccing his PAC on the 25 Republican Senators who opposed him, which is why they ripped his ass on Wednesday in that private meeting.

It works BOTH WAYS.  I can't stand King or McCain or Graham.  But Cruz isn't helping with his Nazi enabler stuff.

They ripped his butt from day one, and Cruz is finally giving it back. And again, you misinterpreted the Nazi enabler stuff. You are too full of confirmation bias to be an effective debater.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2013, 02:56:32 am »
Best way to lose a client.  Politics, religion and business do not mix. I keep it professional.

Same thing with patients. When ever they spout leftist drivel I generally nod my agreement and then steer the conversation away.

One day I noticed this patient wearing a black leather belt with "Obama" etched around it. I didn't think it would have been productive to engage him in political conversation.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 02:57:23 am by aligncare »

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2013, 03:05:53 am »
Peter King and John McCain, to name two republicans, started the name calling. They attacked Paul, Lee, and Cruz from day one. King and McCain disgust me.

I guess Sink has magically forgotten how McCain attacked Cruz and called him......... a "whacko bird"

McCain doesn't have 1/10th the brain power of a Cruz or Lee... what he has is he is as dirty (politically) as Harry Reid.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2013, 03:06:56 am »

One day I noticed this patient wearing a black leather belt with "Obama" etched around it. I didn't think it would have been productive to engage him in political conversation.

uhhhhhhhhhh nope........ :nometalk: :nometalk: :nometalk:

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2013, 03:08:35 am »
They ripped his butt from day one, and Cruz is finally giving it back. And again, you misinterpreted the Nazi enabler stuff. You are too full of confirmation bias to be an effective debater.

No I did NOT misinterpret what Cruz said.  He never disavowed it.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2013, 03:10:46 am »
No I did NOT misinterpret what Cruz said.  He never disavowed it.

There was nothing to disavow, frankly I'm starting to think you are showing a lack of intellectual honesty here.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2013, 03:12:21 am »
There was nothing to disavow, frankly I'm starting to think you are showing a lack of intellectual honesty here.

Cruz said what he said.  You fantasize it away any way you want.

Offline happyg

« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2013, 03:14:50 am »

Like I said, you wrap yourself up in confirmation bias.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2013, 03:16:03 am »

You know what, smarter people than me have explained it to you until they are blue in the face, you are just so hell-bent on hating Cruz that you refuse to read what they presented to you.  If you want to be taken seriously here, try actually debating with facts for a change instead of Democrat talking points.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2013, 03:20:01 am »
You know what, smarter people than me have explained it to you until they are blue in the face, you are just so hell-bent on hating Cruz that you refuse to read what they presented to you.  If you want to be taken seriously here, try actually debating with facts for a change instead of Democrat talking points.

You advocate serious debate?  Aren't you the one who told me to "stuff it"?  Is that serious debate?

I can  read.  I know what Cruz said. 

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #42 on: October 06, 2013, 03:26:46 am »
You advocate serious debate?  Aren't you the one who told me to "stuff it"?  Is that serious debate?

I can  read.  I know what Cruz said.

Nope, you twisted what he said.  You know it, we all know it.

Offline olde north church

« Reply #43 on: October 06, 2013, 10:44:11 am »
The reason Conservatives don't do well in primaries is so damn many of them believe they are the "true" Conservative and divide the vote among them.  Then there is the "Devout" candidate who flim-flams the "True Believers" as far as he can, until only the Moderate remains.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline Olivia

« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2013, 11:17:52 am »
The reason Conservatives don't do well in primaries is so damn many of them believe they are the "true" Conservative and divide the vote among them.  Then there is the "Devout" candidate who flim-flams the "True Believers" as far as he can, until only the Moderate remains.

The media helps to divide the votes.  As soon as a conservative gets on the ballot, the media will start vilifying him/her. The media eliminates them one by one until all we have left standing are people like John McCain.
I'm disgusted with the "country club" section of the republican party.  I changed my affiliation to independent and all conservatives should do the same.  If might not matter in the overall scheme of things but it will make you feel better. 
Truthfully, the most important thing in life is knowing what the most important things in life are, and prioritizing them accordingly.   Melchor Lim

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #45 on: October 06, 2013, 11:36:56 am »
Same thing with patients. When ever they spout leftist drivel I generally nod my agreement and then steer the conversation away.

No....but you could have used the belt and choked them with it.    :patriot:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Olivia

« Reply #46 on: October 06, 2013, 11:40:10 am »
No....but you could have used the belt and choked them with it.    :patriot:

:silly: :silly:
Truthfully, the most important thing in life is knowing what the most important things in life are, and prioritizing them accordingly.   Melchor Lim

Offline aligncare

« Reply #47 on: October 06, 2013, 12:05:54 pm »
I'll say this, it's hard giving care to someone whose political ideology you despise. But I do it, and without it affecting treatment one iota.   :0001:

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #48 on: October 06, 2013, 01:20:32 pm »
I would change my party status right now, except in my state of Kentucky, you can only vote in the primary if you are a (R) or (D).  Mitch McConnell is up for election next year and I want to vote against him, I'm done with him!
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline raml

« Reply #49 on: October 06, 2013, 10:58:18 pm »
I was an insurance agent for years before I retired and I never once during that time let any client know my political or religious affiliation and few ever discussed theirs with me. Our conversations were financial though because they had to be. Co workers did talk about that and I did talk a bit about it with them but was very careful what I said. When you have to work with someone it is best not to get to political with them. Almost all thought of me as a Christian but not because I told them but because of the way I acted out  in the world.