Author Topic: Police Remove Vietnam War Veterans At Memorial Wall  (Read 1353 times)

famousdayandyear

Police Remove Vietnam War Veterans At Memorial Wall
« on: October 05, 2013, 06:02:35 pm »
http://weaselzippers.us/

Police Remove Vietnam War Veterans At Memorial Wall

Via The Weekly Standard:

Via William Jacobson, NBC’s affiliate in Washington, D.C. reports that police ordered tourists and Vietnam war veterans who were visiting the Vietnam Veterans Memorial Wall to leave the memorial at one point on Friday.

After one group of veterans went around the barricade, “the park ranger told them the wall was closed,”NBC’s Mark Seagraves reported. “Later another group of vets showed up and moved the barricades. At that point, the memorial filled with vets and tourists. That’s when police came and moved everyone out.”

The Vietnam Veterans Memorial Wall is a black granite outdoor wall on which the names of the 58,272 service members who died or were unaccounted for during the Vietnam war are inscribed.

It takes more manpower and costs the government more money to close down an outdoor wall than to let people walk past it and pay their respects.

The Obama administration has been very selective in devoting resources to shutting down memorials.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 08:09:41 pm by mystery-ak »

Offline happyg

NBC: Police Remove Vietnam War Veterans at Memorial Wall
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2013, 06:50:49 pm »
Via William Jacobson, NBC's affiliate in Washington, D.C. reports that police ordered tourists and Vietnam war veterans who were visiting the Vietnam Veterans Memorial Wall to leave the memorial at one point on Friday.

After one group of veterans went around the barricade, "the park ranger told them the wall was closed," NBC's Mark Seagraves reported. "Later another group of vets showed up and moved the barricades. At that point, the memorial filled with vets and tourists. That's when police came and moved everyone out."

The Vietnam Veterans Memorial Wall is a black granite outdoor wall on which the names of the 58,272 service members who died or were unaccounted for during the Vietnam war are inscribed.

It takes more manpower and costs the government more money to close down an outdoor wall than to let people walk past it and pay their respects.

The Obama administration has been very selective in devoting resources to shutting down memorials.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/nbc-police-remove-vietnam-war-veterans-memorial-wall_759267.html

Online mountaineer

Re: NBC: Police Remove Vietnam War Veterans at Memorial Wall
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2013, 06:54:34 pm »
Another open area you just walk into and through.  :thud:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline musiclady

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2013, 06:55:10 pm »

A fact that I hope does not escape the average American....

Obviously cost has nothing to do with this, and hurting patriotic Americans and veterans has everything to do with it.

Is Obama actively trying to incite insurrection??
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline olde north church

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2013, 06:57:01 pm »

A fact that I hope does not escape the average American....

Obviously cost has nothing to do with this, and hurting patriotic Americans and veterans has everything to do with it.

Is Obama actively trying to incite insurrection??

Fools rush in
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

famousdayandyear

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2013, 07:28:34 pm »
Do you wish me to delete my earlier post?

famousdayandyear

Re: Police Remove Vietnam War Veterans At Memorial Wall
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2013, 07:45:07 pm »
Selective targeting to instigate anger and frustration:  the ultimate goal of the trayvon regime. 

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2013, 08:00:44 pm »
The Joint Chiefs should all resign.....
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline olde north church

Re: Police Remove Vietnam War Veterans At Memorial Wall
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2013, 08:01:25 pm »
Selective targeting to instigate anger and frustration:  the ultimate goal of the trayvon regime.

What I think he fails to grasp is the non-instant gratification mentality he is up against while his group is more likely to do something without thought of consequence.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

rangerrebew

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2013, 08:47:40 pm »
After one group of veterans went around the barricade, "the park ranger told them the wall was closed," NBC's Mark Seagraves reported. "Later another group of vets

Not just memorials, but MILITARY MEMORIALS, memorials to people who made it possible for this chooming, radical to become POTUS.  He really hasn't made it any secret he hates the military. :peeonobama: