Author Topic: Former Joint Chiefs chairman: Obama plotted o destabilize regimes in Bahrain, Egypt  (Read 2653 times)

rangerrebew

Former Joint Chiefs chairman: Obama plotted to destabilize regimes in Bahrain, Egypt

Special to WorldTribune.com

WASHINGTON — The United States was said to have planned to destabilize at least two Arab countries over the last two years.

A former leading U.S. military commander asserted that the administration of President Barack Obama worked to destabilize the regimes of Bahrain and Egypt.

[Ret.] Gen. Hugh Shelton, former chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, said the administration’s drive against Bahrain, wracked by a Shi’ite revolt, was led by the intelligence community.

“America thought Bahrain was an easy prey that will serve as key to the collapse of the GCC [Gulf Cooperation Council] regime and lead to giant oil companies controlling oil in the Gulf,” Shelton said.

In an interview on the U.S. network Fox News, Shelton said the administration plot was foiled by Bahraini King Hamad in 2011. He said Hamad agreed to a Saudi-sponsored decision by the GCC to send thousands of troops to Bahrain to help quell the Shi’ite revolt, attributed to Iran.

Shelton, who met Hamad during his assignment to the U.S. Navy Fifth Fleet, based in Manama, said the administration plot harmed relations with both Bahrain as well as neighboring Saudi Arabia. He said Riyad ended any trust in Washington after it was found to have helped the Shi’ites in Bahrain.

The former Joint Chiefs chairman, who served under President Bill
 Clinton and President George W. Bush, said Egypt stopped a drive by Obama to
 destabilize Egypt in 2013. Shelton said Egyptian Defense Minister Abdul
 Fatah Sisi, a former intelligence chief, also detected a U.S. plot to
 support the ruling Muslim Brotherhood amid unprecedented unrest. On July 3,
 Sisi led a coup that overthrew Egypt’s first Islamist president, Mohammed
 Morsi.

“Had Gen. Al Sisi not deposed Morsi, Egypt would have today become
 another Syria and its military would have been destroyed,” Shelton said.

Shelton, who did not disclose his sources of information, said Arab
 allies of the United States have moved away from Washington. He cited the
 new alliance between Egypt, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates
 against the Brotherhood.

“I expect calm to be restored in Egypt,” Shelton said. “Gen. Al Sisi has
 put an end to the new Middle East project

http://www.worldtribune.com/2013/10/03/former-joint-chiefs-chairman-obama-plotted-to-destabilize-regimes-in-bahrain-egypt/
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 11:35:11 am by rangerrebew »

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Sad to say that this comes as no surprise to me and really shouldn't surprise anyone who has been paying even the slightest bit of attention!

I have long believed that we have elected an enemy agent as president of the United States!  Twice!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
He was just helping his buddies in Al Quaida and the MB.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Sad to say that this comes as no surprise to me and really shouldn't surprise anyone who has been paying even the slightest bit of attention!

I have long believed that we have elected an enemy agent as president of the United States!  Twice!

Dittos! 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

rangerrebew

Well, its good to know that it isn't only America he's trying to destabilize. :thud:

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Well, its good to know that it isn't only America he's trying to destabilize. :thud:

That is true man. His mission is bigger than America. He wants the MB to have the whole middle east also. He is just as fanatical about what he is doing as Bin Laden ever was.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

That is true man. His mission is bigger than America. He wants the MB to have the whole middle east also. He is just as fanatical about what he is doing as Bin Laden ever was.

:thumbsup:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online kevindavis007

In 42 years (soon 43 on Tuesday), I have never seen such an unstable President in my lifetime. I don't remember Nixon, but what the hell is guy thinking??
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline Rapunzel

In 42 years (soon 43 on Tuesday), I have never seen such an unstable President in my lifetime. I don't remember Nixon, but what the hell is guy thinking??

Sadly, I remember Nixon.  Of course we didn't have internet back then to spread the truth as quickly, but even as a Republican I cheered the day he boarded Marine One and exited DC for good.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline happyg

Sadly, I remember Nixon.  Of course we didn't have internet back then to spread the truth as quickly, but even as a Republican I cheered the day he boarded Marine One and exited DC for good.

Same here. Dad kept yelling, "Why doesn't he get the hell out of there?" He was the first president I voted for. I really liked him until the Watergate crap started leaking out.

Offline Rapunzel

Same here. Dad kept yelling, "Why doesn't he get the hell out of there?" He was the first president I voted for. I really liked him until the Watergate crap started leaking out.

Yep, and people forget that didn't just take root overnight. It started slowly... VERY slowly and then when the GOP agreed to join with the Democrats in a select committee and they were able to actually dig into what was going on then it started to build. His polling numbers actually stayed very high for almost a year and then when they started to tank ... they fell like a rock and there was no stopping it.  Freezing wages didn't help .. but Watergate took him down... and just like O they tried initially to lie their way out of this, and said Woodward and Berstein had made it all up.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Online kevindavis007

To be honest, when Nixon was President I was mainly watching Sesame Street..

Offline Rapunzel

To be honest, when Nixon was President I was mainly watching Sesame Street..

Well you were lucky.  I not only vividly remember Nixon administration, but Carter - both were a nightmare and why so many of us older Americans absolutely adore Reagan.

Offline happyg

Well you were lucky.  I not only vividly remember Nixon administration, but Carter - both were a nightmare and why so many of us older Americans absolutely adore Reagan.

Carter made us wear sweaters to keep warm. He tried to ban Christmas lights. Most towns didn't put them up. Of course, everyone remembers the gasoline crisis, and waiting lines. He kept telling us it was our duty to conserve energy, while he enlarged government. What a mess. As bad as he was, along with the jokes, Carter was a genius compared to Obummer.

Offline aligncare

What Nixon did to bring his presidency down Obama does twice before breakfast, then goes golfing while the media asks tough questions like, "Mr. President, what's your handicap?"

Online kevindavis007

Carter made us wear sweaters to keep warm. He tried to ban Christmas lights. Most towns didn't put them up. Of course, everyone remembers the gasoline crisis, and waiting lines. He kept telling us it was our duty to conserve energy, while he enlarged government. What a mess. As bad as he was, along with the jokes, Carter was a genius compared to Obummer.

Carter tried to ban Christmas lights????

Offline aligncare

I'm not certain of this but I think Nixon made the government exponentially larger then Carter when he signed the law bringing an entire department, the EPA, into existence.

Offline Rapunzel

Carter tried to ban Christmas lights????

Oh yeah........ he was a real peach of a Prez... watch is malaise speech sometime (if you want to get really depressed).  We went to Tahiti while he was President, everyone there would as if we were American and then tell us what a jerk our president was ~LOL~

Online kevindavis007

Oh yeah........ he was a real peach of a Prez... watch is malaise speech sometime (if you want to get really depressed).  We went to Tahiti while he was President, everyone there would as if we were American and then tell us what a jerk our president was ~LOL~

Damn...

Offline aligncare

Looked it up:

Carter's government reorganization efforts separated the Department of Health, Education and Welfare into the Department of Education and the Department of Health and Human Services. Even though many departments were consolidated during Carter's presidency, the total number of Federal employees continued to increase, despite his promises to the contrary.

So he too expanded the government.

Offline aligncare

Republican or Democrat, they all expand the government.