Author Topic: Letterman asks audience how many signed up for ObamaCare, nobody responds  (Read 1556 times)

rangerrebew

Letterman Asks Audience How Many Signed Up for ObamaCare, Nobody Responds

By Noel Sheppard | October 4, 2013 | 18:21

Noel Sheppard's picture

It seems a metaphysical certitude the Obama-loving David Letterman didn't expect this response.

During the opening monologue of CBS's Late Show Thursday, when the host asked the audience, "How many folks signed up on the ObamaCare," not one person responded (video follows with commentary):

This came just days after nobody responded to NBC Tonight Show host Jay Leno's audience question “How many are worried about the government shutdown?”

Doesn't quite fit with what the media are telling us, does it?

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2013/10/04/letterman-asks-audience-how-many-signed-obamacare-nobody-responds#ixzz2gqHKPTsa

Offline Rapunzel

I endured Letterman last night because he was having Tom Selleck on his show....... I was amazed that he was really beating up on Obama.

Also he has had his contract renewed... yuck.. while NBC is stupidly letting Leno go.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
I endured Letterman last night because he was having Tom Selleck on his show....... I was amazed that he was really beating up on Obama.

Also he has had his contract renewed... yuck.. while NBC is stupidly letting Leno go.
Really? Letterman got another renewal, even though he's fallen to last place? I was thinking for sure he would retire. Perhaps, though, he is waiting to reconcile with Leno on-air.

EDIT: That seems exactly what it is. It's only a one-year renewal, the last two extensions have been two years apiece.
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/05/business/media/letterman-extends-contract-with-cbs-through-2015.html?_r=0
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 08:34:23 pm by jmyrlefuller »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

rangerrebew

I think Letterman's humor is bettered suited for Borneo or Saudi Arabia. :nometalk:

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
I think Letterman's humor is bettered suited for Borneo or Saudi Arabia. :nometalk:
He USED to be funny. Then he stayed too long; he's pretty much tapped out.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

rangerrebew

Then he stayed too long; he's pretty much tapped out.

Are you referring to Harry Reid? :silly:

Offline flowers

I don't watch Letterman anymore, yet if I had known Tom Selleck was on I would have. How did Dave treat Tom? Was it worthwhile to see Rap?

Offline Olivia

Yuk!  I gave up on Letterman during the Sarah Palin & family marathon of bad jokes.
Truthfully, the most important thing in life is knowing what the most important things in life are, and prioritizing them accordingly.   Melchor Lim

Offline Rapunzel

I don't watch Letterman anymore, yet if I had known Tom Selleck was on I would have. How did Dave treat Tom? Was it worthwhile to see Rap?

When he let him get a word in edgewise, Letterman was clueless that Selleck lives on a ranch in CA - thought he lived in Hawaii.  Thought he grew mango's (he grows Haas Avocados) and was obsessed that Selleck's wife had purchased a German Shepard for protection since he is in NYC so much filming his TV show....  I love Tom Selleck.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline flowers

When he let him get a word in edgewise, Letterman was clueless that Selleck lives on a ranch in CA - thought he lived in Hawaii.  Thought he grew mango's (he grows Haas Avocados) and was obsessed that Selleck's wife had purchased a German Shepard for protection since he is in NYC so much filming his TV show....  I love Tom Selleck.
I wonder if Dave was really clueless or just doing that on purpose?  I am glad I didn't watch. It would have just pissed me off.  Thanks for this info Rap!

Offline Rapunzel

Re: Letterman asks audience how many signed up for ObamaCare, nobody responds
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2013, 10:14:41 pm »
I wonder if Dave was really clueless or just doing that on purpose?  I am glad I didn't watch. It would have just pissed me off.  Thanks for this info Rap!

:beer: