Author Topic: Report: Boehner told group of House Republicans he’ll violate the Hastert Rule to raise the debt ceiling if necessary  (Read 5868 times)

Offline Rapunzel

They have not lost anything, no matter how many times you say it, doesn't make it so. 
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline sinkspur

They have not lost anything, no matter how many times you say it, doesn't make it so.

They didn't get what they shutdown the government over.  Call it whatever you want.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
They didn't get what they shutdown the government over.  Call it whatever you want.

If I may be so bold as to correct that statement:

They haven't gotten what they want YET but the battle is FAR from over!

Sink is just projecting his wishful thinking again.  In fact this is going to help conservatives significantly in 2014.. already people are using this against red state Democrats - case in point

and.. BTW.. unlike many in the senate and congress Ted Cruz announced he was donating his paycheck to charity each day the government was shut down.

« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 03:14:08 am by Rapunzel »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sinkspur

If I may be so bold as to correct that statement:

They haven't gotten what they want YET but the battle is FAR from over!

It's over as far as defunding or delaying Obamacare is concerned.  Nobody from the Republican side is even talking about that now.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
It's over as far as defunding or delaying Obamacare is concerned.  Nobody from the Republican side is even talking about that now.

Your duck is loose! That is all some of them are talking about and will continue to talk about because THEY, unlike you, realize that it has to be killed or our republic is DEAD!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sinkspur

Your duck is loose! That is all some of them are talking about and will continue to talk about because THEY, unlike you, realize that it has to be killed or our republic is DEAD!

OK.  Believe what you want.  Boehner is not talking about defunding or delaying, and he's driving this.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
OK.  Believe what you want.  Boehner is not talking about defunding or delaying, and he's driving this.

LOL! You really can't think beyond the end of your nose can you Sink?

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cincinnatus

Oh, my aunt Gertie. I cannot believe this guy had the audacity to say this to another poster:

You love the ad hominems when you're losing an argument.

One thing for sure, what he lacks in acumen he more than abundantly makes up for in chutzpah.
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams