Author Topic:  (Read 1334 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
« on: October 04, 2013, 08:43:51 PM »

Support the USO

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2013, 08:46:50 PM »
Ron Johnson, the senator from WI was on BOR earlier, what a disapointment - ever since he went to the dinner with Obama, McCain, Graham, etc., he has forgotten he was elected by the Tea Party and become a full-fledged jerk.

famousdayandyear

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2013, 08:52:43 PM »
Mike Lee and Ted Cruz are honorable men and would never name names.

However, based on the public remarks of my own weasel Senator Burr and others who look to the Senate as their livelihood, I can guess.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2013, 09:37:35 PM »
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2013, 09:39:25 PM »
Ron Johnson, the senator from WI was on BOR earlier, what a disapointment - ever since he went to the dinner with Obama, McCain, Graham, etc., he has forgotten he was elected by the Tea Party and become a full-fledged jerk.

Ron Johnson is from Wisconsin.  It is ludicrous to assert that he was "elected" by the Tea Party.  The Tea Party is a minoriity in the Republican Party.  I guess none of those non-tea party voters matter.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2013, 09:48:12 PM »
Mike Lee is loved by true Conservative Utahn's, which is the majority of Republicans in Utah.   John McCain cannot say the same about how Arizonan's feel about him and it seems Lindsay Graham cannot say the same in SC and you can bet they were leading this beat-down... 

oh, almost forgot .. and the 200K that were on the Ted Cruz telephone townhall.  Few Americans in either party know who the hell Ron Johnson even is by comparison.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 09:49:20 PM by Rapunzel »

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2013, 09:53:06 PM »
Mike Lee is loved by true Conservative Utahn's, which is the majority of Republicans in Utah.   John McCain cannot say the same about how Arizonan's feel about him and it seems Lindsay Graham cannot say the same in SC and you can bet they were leading this beat-down... 

oh, almost forgot .. and the 200K that were on the Ted Cruz telephone townhall.  Few Americans in either party know who the hell Ron Johnson even is by comparison.

How do you know? 

One of the traits of a heroic personality is the ability to get beyond criticism.   Whiners are not heroes.

Does it matter to Lee that the Republicans, as a caucus, are no longer talking about defunding and aren't even talking about wholesale delaying.  The likelihood that ANYTHING other than the repeal of the medical device tax will be part of any deal is almost nonexistent.

In other words, Lee and Cruz lost.  Republicans could likely have gotten repeal  of the medical device tax without shutting down the government.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 09:58:23 PM by sinkspur »

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2013, 09:54:20 PM »

The number was half that (104K) and knowing about someone and favoring their point of view are two different things.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2013, 09:59:36 PM »
How do you know? 

One of the traits of a heroic personality is the ability to get beyond criticism.   Whiners are not heroes.

Does it matter to Lee that the Republicans, as a caucus, are no longer talking about defunding and aren't even talking about wholesale delaying.  The likelihood that ANYTHING other than the repeal of the medical device tax will be part of any deal is almost nonexistent.

In other words, Lee and Cruz lost.  Republicans could likely have gotten repeal  of the medical device tax without shutting down the government.

I know because I know a lot of people in Utah and some who even know Mike Lee.

Oh and I know someone who worked with Huntsman when he was governor and he is an even bigger a-hole than he came across in the run for President and in his no labels ads.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 10:00:40 PM by Rapunzel »

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2013, 12:18:06 AM »
@InfidelAlie

What's the difference between a republican and a democrat? A. The republican signs the front of the check and the democrat signs the back.

Offline Cincinnatus

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2013, 12:47:25 AM »
As I have pointed out numerous times now, it is neither Cruz nor Lee who is betraying Republican principles as outlined in the Party's 2012 platform, but those Republicans who do not support their efforts.

Congressional Republicans are committed to its repeal

http://whitehouse16.com/republican-party-platform/#Item6
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline Once-Ler

• How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Trump
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2013, 05:09:49 AM »
Wisconsin voters know who he is.  I'm proud of my vote for him.
"Racism is evil. And those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans."  -  President Donald J Trump

Does anybody really want to throw out good, educated and accomplished young people who have jobs, some serving in the military? Really!.....
...They have been in our country for many years through no fault of their own - brought in by parents at young age. Plus BIG border security
       Donald J. Trump@realDonaldTrump 5:35 AM - Sep 14, 2017

famousdayandyear

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2013, 10:14:38 AM »

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • Chief Dork
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2013, 10:59:48 AM »
And that is why the 11th Commandment, made famous by Reagan, was invented:  to muzzle the vicious attacks by moderate republicans on other republicans.  Would that the GOP still observed the 11th Commandment.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf