Author Topic: Obama's approval drops to 41 percent, lowest in two years, poll finds  (Read 1138 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/326717-obamas-approval-drops-to-lowest-level-in-two-years

Obama's approval drops to 41 percent, lowest in two years, poll finds
By Rebecca Shabad - 10/04/13 04:36 PM ET

President Obama’s approval rating has dropped to one of the lowest levels in two years.

Since the government shutdown Tuesday, Obama’s approval rating has slipped 3 percentage points to 41 percent, while his disapproval went up to 52 percent, according to Gallup’s daily numbers.

Reuters also polled a 41 percent approval rating in the same time period. Rasmussen Reports said he had 46 percent approval, and Fox News recorded it at 45 percent.

Gallup hasn't recorded that low an approval rating for Obama since 2011. The pollster's surveys in September showed 44 percent approved of the president’s job. 

The federal government shut down for the first time since 1996 on Tuesday after Congress failed to agree to a funding measure.

Polls have shown more people blame Republicans for the shutdown than Obama, but Gallup's numbers suggest the negative news is also hurting the president.

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Obama's approval drops to 41 percent, lowest in two years, poll finds
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2013, 11:50:58 pm »
but Gallup's numbers suggest the negative news is also hurting the president.

I am betting Obama's internal polls show it a lot worse....
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2013, 11:52:42 pm »
I am betting Obama's internal polls show it a lot worse....

Given their reaction in the last 24 hours, it must not be good.  You don't go to DEFCON 1 and start launching nukes when you're winning.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2013, 12:05:37 am »
Given their reaction in the last 24 hours, it must not be good.  You don't go to DEFCON 1 and start launching nukes when you're winning.

I agree that all the numbers coming from the WH are pure BS. The deficit is just fine, unemployment is at 7% and on and on. Everything they say is BS.

However, I disagree with the idea that they not be in DEFCON 1 launching nukes. That is the only DEFCON level they have, and they launch nukes no matter what. That is just how they are. Always on the offense with the intent to destroy any opposition to their version of 'utopia'.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2013, 12:25:44 am »

That's right! Will the surrender monkeys read this? I doubt it!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline flowers

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2013, 05:32:50 pm »
Not low enough. I wonder if they even care about the polls anymore? 

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2013, 06:15:40 pm »
Not low enough. I wonder if they even care about the polls anymore?

Why should he?  He became a lame duck the day the won reelection.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton