Author Topic: HHS-Run Website Hacked; Now Selling NFL Jerseys, Ugg Boots, Armani Fragrances  (Read 875 times)

Offline happyg

A portion of the website of the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) was apparently hacked as long as two months ago.  SAMHSA is an agency of the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS). HHS also runs the new Obamacare insurance marketplace, Healthcare.gov. 

Dozens of pages hawking retail merchandise have been uploaded to the SAMHSA site, ranging from NFL jerseys to Ugg shoes to Armani fragrances.  Screen captures of the various pages are shown here:

Clicking on the pages in some cases takes users directly to an external website; other times, certain functions seem to operate within the samhsa.gov site. Of the websites investigated, two domains are registered in the United States and one in China.

All of the instances uncovered by this investigation are under the sub domain nace.samhsa.gov, which is the Native American Center for Excellence.  The first breach discovered dates back to July 29 of this year, and the unauthorized pages are still on the site.

In September, a portion of NASA's website was hacked by a Brazilian group protesting reports of spying in that country by the National Security Agency.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/print/blogs/hhs-run-website-hacked-now-selling-nfl-jerseys-ugg-boots-armani-fragrances_759213.html

Online mountaineer

That's a shame.  ^-^
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline happyg

That's a shame.  ^-^

Ha! Ha! Ha! The software must be very easy to mess with.

Offline NavyCanDo

I went to your site to help me with my Meth addiction, and all I got was this stupid T-shirt......
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 06:30:35 pm by NavyCanDo »
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn