Author Topic: Alex Rodriguez files lawsuit against MLB in New York Supreme Court  (Read 645 times)

Offline DCPatriot

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - Iowahawk

I think the worst time to have a heart attack would be during a game of charades.

Offline sinkspur

Re: Alex Rodriguez files lawsuit against MLB in New York Supreme Court
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2013, 11:35:47 AM »
He's begging for the maximum suspension possible, one that will end his career.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2013, 11:40:13 AM »
He's begging for the maximum suspension possible, one that will end his career.

Is that because you think there's no way he won't get the remainder due on the existing contract?  Cause I believe the Yankees are going to have to pay him.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - Iowahawk

I think the worst time to have a heart attack would be during a game of charades.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2013, 11:43:16 AM »
Is that because you think there's no way he won't get the remainder due on the existing contract?  Cause I believe the Yankees are going to have to pay him.

They're not going to pay him while he's suspended, and he will lose with an arbitrator.   He's finished in baseball.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online Bigun

• The income tax: Root of all evil!
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2013, 11:46:36 AM »
They're not going to pay him while he's suspended, and he will lose with an arbitrator.   He's finished in baseball.

Well what do you know! Sink FINALLY got something right!

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2013, 12:16:13 PM »

But, throughout the appeal process, eventually the Yankkees will have to honor the Contract.  Deduct the current suspension if you want, but isn't he still owed about $110 Miliion?

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2013, 02:11:28 PM »
But, throughout the appeal process, eventually the Yankkees will have to honor the Contract.  Deduct the current suspension if you want, but isn't he still owed about $110 Miliion?
Ah, but that's the rub. All player contracts are only valid under the constructs of a collective bargaining agreement, which Rodriguez violated, thus potentially voiding the contract. By dragging this into a court of law, Rodriguez is taking a huge risk.
Quote of the month:
"Drumbeats remind me of orchestras, and orchestras remind me of... orchestration." (David Paterson)

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2013, 06:07:51 PM »
Thanks for the information, jmyrle!  I get sick of following the drama. :patriot:

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf