Author Topic: The Left is 'terrified out of their minds,' says Ted Cruz By CHARLIE SPIERING  (Read 1382 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://washingtonexaminer.com/article/2536791

The Left is 'terrified out of their minds,' says Ted Cruz
By CHARLIE SPIERING | OCTOBER 3, 2013 AT 3:45 PM

Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, believes the sharp rhetoric coming from Democrats about the government shutdown proves Tea Party Republicans are beginning to achieve changes that threaten the business-as-usual mentality in the nation's capital.

"Why are they screaming so loudly? Why are they getting so personal? Why are they so filled with hate and fear?" Cruz asked during an phone interview with Glenn Beck on his radio show Thursday.

Cruz suggested that it was because the American people were finally mobilizing against Obamacare.

"That has the Left terrified out of their minds," Cruz said.

Cruz said President Obama and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid wanted to shut down the government because they believed that it would help them politically, and that the mainstream media is supporting their talking points.

Beck noted that one congressional Democrat accused Tea Party Republicans of waging jihad.

"I want to make it very clear, that yes, that's exactly what we're doing," Beck said. "Because we've learned from those same people that jihad is a peaceful inner struggle that is just trying to purify themselves and their community."

"Well, you know, I'm going to leave that one alone," Cruz said, as Beck and his co-hosts chuckled.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
You know when you are right over the target because the flak is heaviest there!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline olde north church

They feel cornered and that's when they are most dangerous, or comical.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline sinkspur

]Cruz suggested that it was because the American people were finally mobilizing against Obamacare.

If Cruz believes that, he's truly delusional.  If that's the case, why has Boehner turned to getting spending cuts and tax reform out of the debt ceiling deal?  He's not even talking about defunding or delaying any part of Obamacare any longer.

Cruz led the GOP into an unnecessary shutdown, which he's now lost.  The majority of Republicans in both Houses will never listen to him again.

Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, believes the sharp rhetoric coming from Democrats about the government shutdown proves Tea Party Republicans are beginning to achieve changes that threaten the business-as-usual mentality in the nation's capital.

Just exactly what would those changes be, Ted?  None of your Republican confreres are going to follow you off the cliff ever again.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 03:02:13 pm by sinkspur »
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
If Cruz believes that, he's truly delusional.  If that's the case, why has Boehner turned to getting spending cuts and tax reform out of the debt ceiling deal?  He's not even talking about defunding or delaying any part of Obamacare any longer.

Cruz led the GOP into an unnecessary shutdown, which he's now lost.  The majority of Republicans in both Houses will never listen to him again.

Just exactly what would those changes be, Ted?  None of your Republican confreres are going to follow you off the cliff ever again.

I'm hesitant to take you on, Sink...but only because I predicted a Romney landslide the evening before the election.  So...WTF do I know?   LOL!

But I think we should let this shutdown persist....let the alternative media and Drudge work its magic.

This ain't 1995...I mean Harry Reid APOLOGIZED for his nasty tone before this morning's Senate opening.   http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/oct/4/reid-apologizes-nasty-tone-senate-floor/

We need to hear more stories like this.....     http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region_northeast_valley/fountain_hills/fountain-hills-man-dropped-from-health-insurance-because-of-new-regulations

Don't lose faith, Sink!   :nono:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline sinkspur

I'm hesitant to take you on, Sink...but only because I predicted a Romney landslide the evening before the election.  So...WTF do I know?   LOL!

But I think we should let this shutdown persist....let the alternative media and Drudge work its magic.

This ain't 1995...I mean Harry Reid APOLOGIZED for his nasty tone before this morning's Senate opening.   http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/oct/4/reid-apologizes-nasty-tone-senate-floor/

We need to hear more stories like this.....     http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region_northeast_valley/fountain_hills/fountain-hills-man-dropped-from-health-insurance-because-of-new-regulations

Don't lose faith, Sink!   :nono:

DC, thanks for defending me in some earlier posts.  I appreciate it.

I realize I'm a lone wolf here, but I never thought this shutdown was a good idea.  In a CBS poll this morning, 72% of the country opposes the shutdown, 25% favor it.  The fact that Republicans keep shoveling these individual appropriations bills over to the Senate is a sign of desperation.  The Democrats know it, which is why they refuse to even take them up.

What's the headline this morning?  The DC Police, who put their lives on the line yesterday, aren't getting paid.  How do you think that plays in the heartland?

The fact is, the Tea Party let Ted Cruz lead them into a ditch and neither Obama nor the Democrat Senate are going to pull the Republicans out.

If Obama's magnanimous, he'll negotiate a deal.  If he's not (and he's shown no signs that he is) he'll grind the Republicans down on this, force them to get nothing, and use this as the beginning of the effort to take back the House in 2014.   

All of it was so unnecessary.  When are Republicans going to stop listening to these hair-on-fire zealots?
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 03:26:26 pm by sinkspur »
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.