Author Topic: Ted Cruz: If Dems are right and we’re doomed to fail, why are they screaming so loudly and getting so personal?  (Read 2281 times)

Offline Cincinnatus

This certainly strikes me as a fairly reasonable question:

Ted Cruz was on with Glenn Beck this morning and made the following excellent point:

“If they [Democrats] are right — that what we’re doing is hopeless, is doomed to fail, which mind you they’ve been telling us for months — then why are they screaming so loudly? Why are they getting so personal? Why are they so filled with hate and fear? And it’s because the American people are mobilized, are passionate and energized and even worse, understand that Obamacare is hurting millions of Americans, and that has the Left terrified out of their minds.”

http://therightscoop.com/ted-cruz-if-dems-are-right-and-were-doomed-to-fail-why-are-they-screaming-so-loudly-and-getting-so-personal/

Video at link
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

"They got exactly what they wanted; now they're trying to figure out how to get out of it," the president said of his adversaries.

That doesn't sound like screaming to me that sounds like mocking.

“The United States is the center of the world economy so If we screw up, everybody gets screwed up. The whole world will have problems.  Which is why generally nobody has ever thought to threaten to not pay our bills.  It would be the height of irresponsibility.”

That sounds like mocking also.

Offline Cincinnatus

Borrowed from another thread and merely a small sampler of the rhetoric we have heard from Democrats of late.

Democrats trapped by their seething hatred of Tea Party
http://legalinsurrection.com/2013/10/democrats-trapped-by-their-seething-hatred-of-tea-party/

It’s not surprising that in the past couple of weeks we have heard Democratic Party eliminationist rhetoric become even more shrill and hateful:

1. “Unhinged” Arsonists (Wasserman-Schultz)
2. Insane People Who “Have Lost their Minds” (Harry Reid)
3. “People with a Bomb Strapped to their Chest” (aka Terrorists)(Dan Pfeiffer)
4. Blatant Extortionists (Jay Carney)
5. “Legislative Arsonists” (Nancy Pelosi)
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Why do some killers stab their victim over eighty (80) times?   :shrug:

Some people are just hateful.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Cincinnatus

Hey, Once-Ler, does Harry Reid know something you don't know?

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid delivered a striking mea culpa on the Senate floor Friday as he opened the chamber, saying he and his colleagues have simply gotten too personal and nasty in their floor debates.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/oct/4/reid-apologizes-nasty-tone-senate-floor/

Offline Cincinnatus

[Debbie Wasserman] SCHULTZ: So it would be hard for me to care more about cancer survivors. The reason that we are not going to do this in piecemeal approach is that in 15 minutes we have vote on the House floor. The Republicans could call up the clean CR and we could - we have the votes. We know 20 or so of their members are willing to vote for a clean CR. We could reopen the government for all cancer patients and we could stop - they should stop allowing their Tea Party extremist members to hold the economy hostage and to hold cancer patients hostage. And this is all over - if they really care about cancer patients...

So if the Republicans really care about cancer patients and cancer survivors, they'll reopen the government, allow those trials to continue. They'll work with us on implementing the Affordable Care Act so we can make sure that peace of mind is there for all cancer patients.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2013/10/03/wasserman_schultz_gop_holding_cancer_patients_hostage.html

[Dana] Bash [CNN]: But if you could help one child who has cancer, why wouldn’t you do it?

Senator Harry] Reid: Why would we want to do that?

http://www.rightwingnews.com/democrats/dem-leader-sen-harry-reid-says-no-to-funding-kids-cancer-treatments/

Hey, Once-Ler, does Harry Reid know something you don't know?

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/oct/4/reid-apologizes-nasty-tone-senate-floor/

I'm sure he knows many thing that I don't.  Number 1 would be internal rat polls.  I can deduce from his apology that his polls show his attack backfired. 

Offline olde north church

I'm sure he knows many thing that I don't.  Number 1 would be internal rat polls.  I can deduce from his apology that his polls show his attack backfired.

and that would mean?  Come on, I know you can do it.  It would mean the Democrats and mgumbe are LOSING THIS BIG TIME!!!
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

and that would mean?  Come on, I know you can do it.  It would mean the Democrats and mgumbe are LOSING THIS BIG TIME!!!

It means no such thing, but hey I hope you're right.

Offline olde north church

It means no such thing, but hey I hope you're right.

C'mon now, when was the last time this group of goons backwalked on anything?
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline Cincinnatus

I can deduce from his apology that his polls show his attack backfired. 

You ought also be able to deduce that Senator Cruz's questions that opened this thread are legitimate and the Democrats are doing far more than merely "mocking" him and his supporters.