Author Topic: GOP WAKING UP TO A NEW REALITY  (Read 1893 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
GOP WAKING UP TO A NEW REALITY
« on: October 04, 2013, 05:39:12 pm »
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/10/04/GOP-Waking-Up-to-a-New-Reality

by MIKE FLYNN  4 Oct 2013, 7:35 AM PDT

The media and the DC establishment are abuzz with reports that Senate Republicans recently lashed out at Texas Sen. Ted Cruz over the government shutdown. New Hampshire Sen. Kelly Ayotte confronted Cruz with copies of ads run by an outside conservative group against her over her vote to allow Sen. Harry Reid to gut the ObamaCare defunding provisions of the House-passed Continuing Resolution. She demanded that Cruz explain his "strategy" over the defunding fight.

It would be more interesting to hear Sen. Ayotte's and other Republican Senators' strategy for reversing the government leviathan that is engulfing us. In 1996, the last time the government was forced to shutdown, the total national debt was just over $4 trillion. Today, it is approaching $17 trillion. In the 6 years that Republican controlled both chambers of Congress and the White House at the dawn of this century, federal spending growth was double that under the Clinton Administration.

What is the mainstream Republican strategy to deal with that?

I was never a big fan of the ObamaCare defunding tactic backed by Sens. Cruz and Lee. It at least had the benefit of being an actual tactic, though, as opposed to what I've seen from most Senate Republicans. "Statesmen" like Sens. McCain and Graham want to build up a surveillance state, while others like Sen. Corker want to assist the federal government to greater regulate the financial sector. Sen. Rubio wants to up-end the rule of law and help Democrats enroll more voters, doing next to nothing to stem the tide of illegal immigrants.

For all its shortcomings, at least the position of Sens. Cruz and Lee was in defense of individual liberty. Does it really matter if there was an "endgame" to defend liberty? George Washington didn't have an "endgame" in mind until Lord Cornwallis surrendered at Yorktown.

My neighbor spent 7 years in Vietnamese prisoner-of-war camps. He told me the other day that every day he was brought into interrogation, he knew he would be tortured if he didn't divulge critical military information. "You just did your duty," he said matter-of-factly. "It was just another day to be tortured. Just do your duty."

The Republicans should "do their duty." Those who fail to do so should consider themselves warned. A new day is dawning. Make a stand for liberty. The "strategy" and "endgame" will sort themselves out. 
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline GourmetDan

Re: GOP WAKING UP TO A NEW REALITY
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2013, 05:54:09 pm »
New Hampshire Sen. Kelly Ayotte confronted Cruz with copies of ads run by an outside conservative group against her over her vote to allow Sen. Harry Reid to gut the ObamaCare defunding provisions of the House-passed Continuing Resolution. She demanded that Cruz explain his "strategy" over the defunding fight.

Of course... it's always somebody else's fault.  Her vote to support insane-o Reid had nothing to do with it.

Another RINO-loser that needs to be shown the door...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2013, 05:56:15 pm »
The GOP diminishes its power, by public infighting.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2013, 06:10:56 pm »
The Republicans should "do their duty." Those who fail to do so should consider themselves warned. A new day is dawning. Make a stand for liberty. The "strategy" and "endgame" will sort themselves out. 

This is the dumbest thing I've read all day.

It's a weak-assed defense of Cruz, who had no strategy beyond "make 'em do it and blame them for the shutdown."  How's that workin' out?

Ted Cruz is like Obama and Newt Gingrich: a bombthrower who has no idea what to do after the bomb goes off.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2013, 06:12:07 pm »

I think it is instructive to note that we conservatives "did our duty" when it came to supporting their moderate nominees in the general elections, including McCain and Romney.  Now they can't seem to find enough solidarity in their hearts to STFU, at least until this battle is over.  If this fails there will be plenty of time for "I told you so's" afterwards.  But no.  They'd prefer to help Obama, even after convincing US that we needed to support McCain and Romney because defeating Obama was paramount.

That is what frosts me.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2013, 06:19:32 pm »
There you go again, wanting to shut up anyone who disagrees with you.  That's not the way this works, Victor.

If you don't like moderate nominees, I suggest you make conservative possibilities more palatable to a wider group of voters.  Ted Cruz is in the process of making the Republican Party kryptonite to Independents.

And implying that anyone who opposes your strategy is the equivalent of a Nazi enabler--as Cruz did-- won't encourage many of your confreres to work with you in the future.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Cincinnatus

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2013, 06:29:18 pm »
And implying that anyone who opposes your strategy is the equivalent of a Nazi enabler--as Cruz did

Spread the lie.
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2013, 06:30:31 pm »
Of course... it's always somebody else's fault.  Her vote to support insane-o Reid had nothing to do with it.

Another RINO-loser that needs to be shown the door...
The only alternative candidate that will replace Ayotte in NEW HAMPSHIRE is a democrat.

During Reagan's times, conservatives were intelligent and politically sophisticated and had enough common sense, to grasp that, and work towards mutually agreed ends.

Offline Cincinnatus

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2013, 06:49:21 pm »
During Reagan's times, conservatives were intelligent and politically sophisticated and had enough common sense, to grasp that, and work towards mutually agreed ends.

So tell me something, Truth_Seeker: how do we work toward "mutually agreed ends" when the other side adamantly refuses to talk with us?
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2013, 05:07:04 am »

So tell me something, Truth_Seeker: how do we work toward "mutually agreed ends" when the other side adamantly refuses to talk with us?
Inside the GOP. Read the statement again. Common sense dictates you don't rule the day when the party is fighting among themselves, and holds a less than veto proof majority of just one chamber.

I mean intelligent and sophisticated enough,  to understand that. 

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2013, 08:06:08 am »
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/10/04/GOP-Waking-Up-to-a-New-Reality
For all its shortcomings, at least the position of Sens. Cruz and Lee was in defense of individual liberty. Does it really matter if there was an "endgame" to defend liberty? George Washington didn't have an "endgame" in mind until Lord Cornwallis surrendered at Yorktown.

Pretty shameless to say Washington didn't have a battle plan that included an end game of winning.  I can see him now sending his men in and shouting "you may die today but you'll have died for nothing, cause we already knew we couldn't win.  Do your duty."

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/state&id=9191130
  He also acknowledged, though, that many of his Republican Senate and House colleagues won't support the effort unless
  "the grassroots rise up in overwhelming numbers and demand it."
  "No politician in Washington can win this fight," Cruz said, adding that "only the American people" could.

Where is the grass roots uprising?  We will soon know the power of the Tea Party.  I bet the American voters strangely don't appreciate how the GOP is shuting down the government as we promised, for their own good and against their wishes.  Some of them don't remember we promised to stop Obamacare by Any Means Necessary!  They will surely thank us for saving them from free healthcare.  The kind that lets them experience first hand the death of a mother, while waiting for an appeal of the death panel's decision.  Or the death of a child because the only good doctor retired after Obamacare passed and their boy got the 3 martini lunch surgery.

Up to now all many of them have experienced is promise of government quality and the pride in electing a President who cared so much he gave them free healthcare.

My neighbor spent 7 years in Vietnamese prisoner-of-war camps. He told me the other day that every day he was brought into interrogation, he knew he would be tortured if he didn't divulge critical military information. "You just did your duty," he said matter-of-factly. "It was just another day to be tortured. Just do your duty."

OMG!  The duty of the Repubicans is to be like Christ?  They must do what they know is "right" in their hearts, and ignore the will of the people and ignore their constituents and get crucified.  Then they will be replaced by rats who will make the future worse.  Because that is what rats do.  It is their rasion d'etre.

How powerful will conservatives be when the GOP is shutout of power?  Will they ever be trusted with power again?