Author Topic: Was woman killed in Washington today, after bizarre car chase across DC, a Somali?  (Read 1961 times)

famousdayandyear

http://refugeeresettlementwatch.wordpress.com/2013/10/03/was-woman-killed-in-washington-today-after-bizarre-car-chase-across-dc-a-somali/

Was woman killed in Washington today, after bizarre car chase across DC, a Somali?
Posted by Ann Corcoran on October 3, 2013

****UPDATE and correction**** 
The woman has just been identified as Miriam Carey a 34 year old (crazy!) dental assistant from Stamford, CT.  Here is one story at NBC.  Not likely a Somali woman with a name like that!  But, as one of my sources mentioned this is the 20th Anniversary of Black Hawk Down so maybe someone was jumping to conclusions.

I had a call from a friend telling me that a radio reporter (just a few minutes ago) mentioned that the woman killed by police today in Washington was a Somali woman from Connecticut.  According to my source, the reporter was quickly hushed-up by another voice telling the reporter that it wasn’t to be discussed.

I don’t want to start rumors, but I see a blog called ‘Fire Andrea Mitchell’ is reporting that news.  Here is what they say:

Somali descent (Muslim) not terrorism? BS! The black woman from Seems the suspect in the White House barrier ramming and Capitol Hill shooting today was of Somali descent and black from Connecticut. This means the suspect was likely a Muslim and on a Jihad for terrorism. Yet the DC Police have been quick to claim that this was not an act of terrorism and just some sort of ‘lone wolf’ attack.

If any of you see additional news about who the woman was, please let me know so that we can get the story straight.  I’m sure by tomorrow we will know for sure.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
I doubt it. All indications were she just had mental problems (yet to be released what they were). She didn't appear to be Somali. Appears completely American. (Beautiful lady based on the pics).

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I doubt it. All indications were she just had mental problems (yet to be released what they were). She didn't appear to be Somali. Appears completely American. (Beautiful lady based on the pics).

Got a link to all those "indications" of mental problems. 

famousdayandyear

Coincidentally.  October 3, 1993 marked the beginning of the Battle of Mogadishu -- of Black Hawk Down infamy.

Offline ABX

Got a link to all those "indications" of mental problems.

Most news reports are saying this (albeit MSM so we know how that goes).
Example.
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/shots-us-capitol-puts-senators-lockdown/story?id=20460948

After making an initial identification of the suspect, police were trying to confirm that she was a 34-year-old woman from Stamford, Conn., with a history of mental health issues.

A NY Post article also quoted a neighbor that there were 'mental issues with that family' (paraphrased from memory.)

Offline Cincinnatus

This means the suspect was likely a Muslim and on a Jihad for terrorism.

With her baby in the car? Possible, I suppose.
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline happyg

Good stuff here. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2442703/Miriam-Carey-Woman-killed-outside-Capitol-Hill-trying-ram-gates-White-House.html

Her former boss, Connecticut Periodontist Dr Brian Evans, told the New York Daily News that she fell down a flight of stairs two years ago and sustained a significant head injury, but never showed signs of mental illness while she was working at the practice.

'There was never insubordination per se or anything like that, but she tended to go against the grain a bit,' he said.

Dr Evans also said that Carey 'seemed happy' when she learned she was pregnant with her child.

A website for the dental practice said that Carey brought 'a delightful bedside manner,' as well as a degree is nutrition to help patients.

« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 02:26:17 am by happyg »

Offline Cincinnatus

All indications were she just had mental problems (yet to be released what they were)

Interesting how quickly they got this background on her. I don't recall the authorities being so quite so alert and knowledgeable in the past (e.g., Aaron Alexis). Usually takes more time to sort things out and complete initial investigations. Really odd.

I do not feel at all comfortable with what happened today and wonder if we will get the truth of what actually happened and why.
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

famousdayandyear

With her baby in the car? Possible, I suppose.

If jihad, they use children as cover all the time.  Even train them with suicide vests.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
The windows on the Lexus coupe were NOT tinted.  You can plainly see through the car as she speeds away from the five men with the guns drawn.

That means at least one of them...if not all of them plainly saw the toddler in the car seat.

At that point (BEFORE she put the car in reverse at high speed) , they should have blown her tires out.  End of discussion.  Everybody lives another day.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 03:20:32 am by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline ABX

The windows on the Lexus coupe were NOT tinted.  You can plainly see through the car as she speeds away from the five men with the guns drawn.

That means at least one of them...if not all of them plainly saw the toddler in the car seat.

At that point (BEFORE she put the car in reverse at high speed) , they should have blown her tires out.  End of discussion.  Everybody lives another day.

That many shots and they didn't hit the child indicates they were aware and kept a good sight picture. Shooting tires out is more of a Hollywood thing. They didn't know how much of a threat she was, both to them, civilians, and the child in the car. They had to eliminate the threat. If they just 'shot the tires out' they could then have ended up in a hostage situation with the child being the hostage and it could have ended much worse.

I can't say I would have done anything different than the police officers. I would have taken the most efficient shot to eliminate the threat as quickly as possible.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
One of the things they don't bother telling you about shooting tires out is you never, ever know where the bullet is going to end up. It hits the rim and might dig in, or it might ricochet off in any direction. The second option is more likely if the car is moving at all.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline ABX

One of the things they don't bother telling you about shooting tires out is you never, ever know where the bullet is going to end up. It hits the rim and might dig in, or it might ricochet off in any direction. The second option is more likely if the car is moving at all.

Also shooting a tire is no guarantee to stop the car. Remember the video of the Range Rover with the bikers chasing it for miles before pulling the guy out and beating him up. Early in the video, they slashed his tires and he kept driving through most of that video on busy streets. It is doubly complicated with higher end cars and expensive tires that are made to stay stable and can be driven on even when flat for something like 50 miles.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Even the older cars did that.

Had a blowout doing 80 mph down the motorway in our old van (1989 model) and I didn't even notice for over a mile til I saw the smoke. Heck, didn't even have to get a new rim!

Shoot the tires out looks impressive on TV or in the movies, but that is done with a small, remote detonated charge actually glued inside the tire. Not like that in real life.

Oceander

You'd also have to be a pretty good marksman, and impressively cool under fire, to be able to successfully hit a target like that in a situation like that.  It's sort of like the old canard about shooting to wound an aggressor rather than shooting to kill an aggressor - or, conversely, aiming to blow his head off.  A smart shooter doesn't do that:  you aim for the center of mass, because that's where you'll have the best chance of even landing a round at all.  Furthermore, you shouldn't be shooting at anyone unless you've decided that you can live with yourself if you kill him; once you've made that decision, then, what's the point in shooting to wound?  You shoot to kill.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Center of mass if you have time to aim, sure. General direction if you don't, so hopefully they flinch and give you time to aim! In basic we had it drilled into us, shoot first, then aim while the bugger blinks. But yes - always shoot to kill. If you can't do that, you are in the wrong line of work.

I know a couple of people who could probably shoot out the tire of a moving vehicle. From a prone position at under 50 meters. Even then it is dicey - you have a 1/2 inch of rubber, between 2 and 8 steel belts, also encased in rubber, then a bit more rubber holding a mesh of cotton for good measure. That, combined with the rotation, is enough resistance to leave a slow leak, at the most, depends on the load. Still - shoot out the tires, stab them or use road mats, they don't stop the car driving. they just slow it down enough to let you catch up and reduce the grip enough that a gentle nudge, just forward of the rear wheel, will send them spinning out of control.

Edit to add: Serious respect to the DC Police. From the videos, they really tried not to hurt her or the child.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 05:54:27 am by EC »

rangerrebew

This is an obviously display of Washington's hatred for mentally ill black women.  They can't hide it now!  I can't wait until the axis of racism, Obama, J$cks$n, and Sharptongue, get involved and ask for the heads of the cops; until the United Nitwits wants to get involved and tell the U.S. they have to change their laws concerning mentally ill black women.  I can't wait until the left comes out with their anti-guns vitriol and demand police surrender their weapons as this is a clear case of overstepping their power.  They acted "stupidly." :tongue2: