Author Topic: Happy Birthday Stevie Ray Vaughn  (Read 1385 times)

famousdayandyear

Happy Birthday Stevie Ray Vaughn
« on: October 03, 2013, 09:23:09 pm »

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: Happy Birthday Stevie Ray Vaughn
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2013, 09:51:29 pm »
He's my favorite.  He laps the competition.

Thank you for posting it.   I absolve you of your many sins of the past week.

Back on the top shelf.   :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2013, 09:52:20 pm »
SRV. One of the best. Clean and sober, at the time of death. An inspiration to many people in AA, NA.

Same for Clapton. Same for Black Sabbath drummer, Bill Ward. And quite a few others, INCLUDING Bonnie Raitt.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 10:58:07 pm by truth_seeker »
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2013, 09:56:22 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMY9Wrh1oPA

Simply amazing how plays.

Eric Clapton said that he was driving down the road one day and this was playing on the radio.

He was compelled to stop the car...pull over and find out who SVR was.....said that he knew this guy was something special.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

famousdayandyear

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2013, 10:01:02 pm »
He's my favorite.  He laps the competition.

Thank you for posting it.   I absolve you of your many sins of the past week.

Back on the top shelf.   :laugh:

Heh, DC.  You state that like I give a sH$t.  Glad you are a fan, anyways.  :howlin:

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2013, 10:03:44 pm »
Heh, DC.  You state that like I give a sH$t.  Glad you are a fan, anyways.  :howlin:

Oh...I knew you didn't care.   Just wanted you to know that anybody that likes SVR can't be a 'complete' jerk.   :beer:

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2013, 10:07:48 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Mylo0piAgc

She does a great job on this....Tribute to Stevie Ray

famousdayandyear

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2013, 10:10:41 pm »
Oh...I knew you didn't care.   Just wanted you to know that anybody that likes SVR can't be a 'complete' jerk.   :beer:

I demand a jury of my peers.  All must be tried and true rednecks, or no deal.  I am not even a part-time jerk.   :beer:

Bonnie Raitt?  Get serious, DC

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2013, 10:14:21 pm »

Bonnie Raitt?  Get serious, DC

I have the Tribute to Stevie CD....and hers is the 1st cut on it.  That's why it's memorable.   

Hey...it's a Happy Birthday thread.    :shrug:

famousdayandyear

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2013, 10:22:32 pm »
I have the Tribute to Stevie CD....and hers is the 1st cut on it.  That's why it's memorable.   

Hey...it's a Happy Birthday thread.    :shrug:

You're right, DC.  Do you have some Gary Moore?  Sky is crying?

famousdayandyear

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2013, 10:37:15 pm »