Author Topic: Just noticing  (Read 925 times)

Offline olde north church

Just noticing
« on: October 03, 2013, 08:35:54 pm »
Aside what certain folks are spouting around here, social media (not counting paid rabble-rousers) is showing more defiance toward el prez and the senate and support for the people's house.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline rb224315

• Custom Title goes here
  • Personal Text goes here
Re: Just noticing
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2013, 08:45:55 pm »
Aside what certain folks are spouting around here, social media (not counting paid rabble-rousers) is showing more defiance toward el prez and the senate and support for the people's house.

This is my sense, too, but I'm afraid to get too excited about my own gut feelings.  I've been woefully incorrect a couple of times and was sorely disappointed.  I pray that what you're saying is true.  My kids and future grandkids will be in a he11 of a mess if the people don't wake up and take action.
rb224315:  just another "Creepy-ass Cracka".

Offline olde north church

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2013, 09:09:28 pm »
This is my sense, too, but I'm afraid to get too excited about my own gut feelings.  I've been woefully incorrect a couple of times and was sorely disappointed.  I pray that what you're saying is true.  My kids and future grandkids will be in a he11 of a mess if the people don't wake up and take action.

Yeah, it's always "Fingers crossed" with this bunch.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Online massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2013, 09:16:33 pm »
The press is completely focused on who is getting "blamed" rather than measuring the impact and degree of concern. 

I don't think people are very worked up, and that's why the Dems are going ballistic.  They aren't succeeding at convincing anyone this is a major crisis.  The whole deal is being greeted with one giant yawn on Main Street.

I run into people all day long and the subject of government shut-down almost never comes up in conversation.  After we talk about the baseball playoffs, NFL football and the President's Cup maybe someone might bring it up with a shrug of the shoulders, and that's about it.

Offline Olivia

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2013, 09:17:53 pm »
I hope all of you are right!  Thank goodness our media is more varied than the last shut-down.

Obama didn't do himself any favors by trying to scare the seniors with their SS checks.
I didn't think it was possible to detest him more but it's happened.
Truthfully, the most important thing in life is knowing what the most important things in life are, and prioritizing them accordingly.   Melchor Lim