Author Topic: Shots fired outside US Capitol  (Read 7483 times)

Offline NavyCanDo

Re: Shots fired outside US Capitol
« Reply #75 on: October 04, 2013, 04:51:16 am »
I can't believe some of what I've been reading here on this post. Some pretty much summed it up this way, "the police shot and killed her for getting lost."   

We jump all over the media for jumping to conclusions making the story fit the narrative they want, instead of waiting till all the facts are known. But yet that is what I see happening here,  - because they are police, [worse - Washington D.C. police] that they must have murdered the innocent women caught going the wrong way.  Never giving the police the benefit of the doubt, and allowing the process to work itself out as they investigate the actions and decisions made by the officers involved.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Oceander

« Reply #76 on: October 04, 2013, 05:08:37 am »
Sounds like it was a local thug leading a police chase that just happened to end up on the Capitol grounds.

At first I thought Jim McDermott finally snapped.

That's not surprising in the least.  One of the worst sections of DC starts just the other side of the Capitol.  Go figure.

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #77 on: October 04, 2013, 01:09:36 pm »
If reports are to be believed, this patrol car hit a barrier and flipped.   :shrug:

Those barriers are a bit different from the ones at the WWII memorial.

Those are solid steel walls and shoot up or flip up from underneath the street to block all traffic.

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #78 on: October 04, 2013, 01:11:11 pm »
This tragedy is going to turn into another 3 ring circus...and whitey will somehow be blamed.

The Republicans will be blamed.

If they hadn't shut-down the gov't, this wouldn't have happened...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan