Author Topic: Obama unhinged: 'Imagine if workers could shut down a plant because they wanted to get something'  (Read 1608 times)

Offline happyg

Bizarro-Obama embraces anti-union, anti-strike, rhetoric in shutdown battle...

This one  ...well, I don't even know where to begin. Today, during a speech President Obama clawed his way through the looking glass into serious bizarro territory.  The man who has long prided himself on being the best friend the unions would ever have went on an anti-strike, anti-organized labor rant that must have shaken the very foundations of AFL-CIO headquarters.

Speaking to a group of workers in Rockville, Maryland, Obama railed against the very core concept of organized labor in order to attack Republicans over the government shutdown.

"Everybody here just does their job, right?  If you're working here and in the middle of the day you just stopped and said 'you know what, I want to get something, but I don't know exactly what I'm gonna get.  I'm just going to stop working till I get something - I'm just going to shut down the whole plant until I get something' - You'd get fired, right?

Cuz the deal is, you've already gotten hired.  You've got a job. You're getting a paycheck. ..And so you also are getting the pride of doing a good job, and contributing to a business, and looking out for your fellow workers.  That's what you're getting.  It shouldn't be any different for a member of Congress."

Ummmmmm.....seriously? This might honestly be the craziest thing we've ever heard the man say.

Obama may be the best friend of the unions, but he clearly hasn't heard of the concept of a "strike" - which is, to the letter, what he's describing here. 

Don't get me wrong.  It's lots of fun to hear Obama twist the libertarian labor notions of Ayn Rand into a defense of big government. It's insane, but it's fun. If he actually believed anything he's saying here, the country would be in much better shape. 

However, given his history of big-labor cronyism and anti-capitalist policy, one has to wonder if he has any idea what he's going to say before opens his mouth.

This little tirade makes him sound like he's come completely unhinged....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HEHKBqlpYwM

http://www.caintv.com/obama-imagine-if-workers-could

Offline mountaineer

Stupid, nuts  ... or both?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Olivia

Well, Obama is in the wrong.  He was hired to do a job and he's decided that everything has to go his way or everyone else will be punished.  That's the way I see it.
Truthfully, the most important thing in life is knowing what the most important things in life are, and prioritizing them accordingly.   Melchor Lim

famousdayandyear

Must be the teleprompter.  It's broke.

Offline andy58-in-nh

"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Relic

Well, Obama is in the wrong.  He was hired to do a job and he's decided that everything has to go his way or everyone else will be punished.  That's the way I see it.

It's the Chicago way.

No one but people like us will even know he said something so stupid.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I'm sure his union buds are thrilled by this! LOL!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
It's the Chicago way.

No one but people like us will even know he said something so stupid.

I would be so sure about that.  Not in today's world!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline xfreeper

isn't that what they call a strike?