Author Topic: RAND PAUL AND MITCH MCCONNEL CAUGHT ON HOT MIC TALKING GOV’T SHUTDOWN: GOOD OR BAD?  (Read 1027 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/10/03/rand-paul-and-mitch-mcconnel-caught-on-hot-mic-talking-govt-shutdown-good-or-bad/

RAND PAUL AND MITCH MCCONNEL CAUGHT ON HOT MIC TALKING GOV’T SHUTDOWN: GOOD OR BAD?
Oct. 3, 2013 11:20am Eddie Scarry

Related:Barack Obama,Government Shutdown,Mitch McConnell,Rand Paul
A local Kentucky TV news station caught Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell and Sen. Rand Paul Wednesday morning discussing some congressional Republican messaging strategy regarding the showdown with Democrats over the government shutdown.

“I just did CNN and I just go over and over again ‘We’re willing to compromise. We’re willing to negotiate,” Paul is seen on-camera telling McConnell, who is standing by for his own interview remote from D.C. “I don’t think they (Democrats) poll tested ‘we won’t negotiate.’ I think it’s awful for them to say that over and over again.”

“Yeah, I do too and I — and I just came back from that two hour meeting with them and that, and that was basically the same view privately as it was publicly,” McConnell said back.

Paul continued, saying he believed Republicans are in a good position. “I think if we keep saying, ‘We wanted to defund it (Obamacare), we fought for that’ and that we’re willing to compromise on this, I think…  We’re gonna win this, I think.”

For their part, Democrats and President Barack Obama have maintained that any deal to end the current federal government shutdown cannot include any defunding or delaying of the implementation of “Obamacare.”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eziI4h3J0Eg
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34