Author Topic: Why ObamaCare Is As Doomed as Prohibition: Premiums Rise 260% For Young People  (Read 1393 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2013/10/03/Shutdown-live-blog-day-3

10:26 - Why ObamaCare Is As Doomed as Prohibition: Premiums Rise 260% For Young People

The media -- oops, I mean Obama -- need young, healthy people to sign up for insurance they don't need in order to fund ObamaCare. Here is why that isn't likely to happen:

Health insurance premiums for young people will rise in all 50 states under Obamacare, with an average increase of 260 percent, according to a study released Thursday.

The young and healthy segment of the uninsured is considered crucial for the Affordable Care Act to succeed. Former President Bill Clinton suggested last week that Obamacare only works “if young people show up.”

However, an analysis of premiums both before and after the implementation of Obamacare shows that 18- to 35-year-olds are likely to opt out of high rates in the exchanges in favor of cheaper penalties for not having insurance.

Just like the government's ill-fated attempt to stop Americans from imbibing during Prohibition, I suspect that the government is about to learn once again that you can only push the American people so far.

And attempting to force people to buy what they don not want or need is too far.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline musiclady

Do you think these same 'young people' understand that it is their god, Obama, who is responsible for the mess they're in?
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Do you think these same 'young people' understand that it is their god, Obama, who is responsible for the mess they're in?

Considering it is nicknamed *Obamacare* they would have to be pretty dense not to realize that.
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Relic

Considering it is nicknamed *Obamacare* they would have to be pretty dense not to realize that.

I'm betting most have no idea.

Offline musiclady

One would think......

But then again, these are the same people who voted for him again after four years of proof that he was a know-nothing punk.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

Yep! And more of them every day!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Relic

Yep! And more of them every day!

You wild-eyed optimist!

Offline sinkspur

This is exactly what some of us predicted:   why sign up when the fine is less than one month's premium?  Why sign up when you can get insurance when you need it and know you won't be turned down?

Young people are not going to sign up for Obamacare.  It will never work. 

Instead of having this as our message, we're trying to figure out how to get out of a shutdown that the public is blaming us for.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
One would think......

But then again, these are the same people who voted for him again after four years of proof that he was a know-nothing punk.

....soooooooooo true **nononono*
Support the USO

Offline musiclady

....soooooooooo true **nononono*

A few of the more alert young people will figure it out, but I'm afraid a lot are still in an Obamacoma, and worship the very one who's hurting them.