Author Topic: Mark Levin to Obama: You lay one hand on WW2 vets and I’LL BRING HALF A MILLION PEOPLE TO THAT MEMORIAL!  (Read 3816 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Mark Levin warned everyone on Capitol Hill that if they lay a hand on the WWII vets at the memorial to arrest them for visiting their own memorial, he’ll bring a half a million people to march on Washington. He says it will ignite a movement like they’ve never seen before:

I want to say this loud and clear to the people on Capitol Hill who are listening, to this administration. You lay one damn hand on one of those World War II vets at that memorial and I’ll bring half a million people to that damn memorial! You got that?!

I’m sitting here stewing thinking about this – playing these damn games? You’ll ignite a movement in this country like you’ve never seen before! The biker patriot army – veterans from all over the country, every single war and battle in this country, Republican, Democrat, Independent, whatever!

http://therightscoop.com/mark-levin-to-obama-you-lay-one-hand-on-ww2-vets-and-ill-bring-half-a-million-people-to-that-memorial/

Offline sinkspur

And Levin will try to hawk his Liberty Amendments book to every single one of them.

Levin is all about Levin these days.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I know a lot of people who will be right there with Levin if that happens! I'll be one of them!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline happyg

I know a lot of people who will be right there with Levin if that happens! I'll be one of them!

So will I.

famousdayandyear

And Levin will try to hawk his Liberty Amendments book to every single one of them.

Sinkspur.  Question.  Have you ever served in the military?  Just asking

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
I'd be there in a heartbeat (metaphorically speaking).

The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline ABX

Ditto. Hell, I would charter a couple of buses and give people free rides.

famousdayandyear

Would be there even if a second mortgage would be needed for the fare!  Our vets are a national treasure!

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Sinkspur.  Question.  Have you ever served in the military?  Just asking

I served.

I know Levin did not serve.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 01:34:56 am by truth_seeker »
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

We all have to make a living, Sinkspur.

Your growing cynicism is noticeable...lately.  :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline sinkspur

We all have to make a living, Sinkspur.

Your growing cynicism is noticeable...lately.  :laugh:

Have you listened to Levin lately?  He's all about his Liberty Amendments and his book tour.

If I'm cynical it's because so much of this flag waving is nothing but self-promotion.  I know Levin has to make a living, but his goofy ideas (we need a Constitutional Convention so that his Liberty Amendments can be debated and added to the Constitution) are just bizarre.

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

So, I'm taking away from this remark of yours that you support  the threat to WWII veterans who try to visit their memorial during this shutdown???  That's sure what it reads like.

Online DCPatriot

Have you listened to Levin lately?  He's all about his Liberty Amendments and his book tour.

If I'm cynical it's because so much of this flag waving is nothing but self-promotion.  I know Levin has to make a living, but his goofy ideas (we need a Constitutional Convention so that his Liberty Amendments can be debated and added to the Constitution) are just bizarre.

Caught a few minutes of him tonight.....he actually called Reid a "piece of crap"....followed by, "Yeah!  I said it!"   

What I meant about Levin is that yeah...he is trying to break records on book sales, but even a greedy capitalist can stop and express his love for our 1st Amendment.

Levin has always been quick to  thank veteran callers for their service.  So he's genuine.

He's an expert on the Constitution.  And he's found something to get feisty over.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline ABX

So?  Seriously, why shouldn't he? It isn't as if he can have more than one focus at a time and Levin is a tried and true capitalist. If you are looking for some sort of altruist on a unicorn, those come from the left. If you want a realist who believes in capitalism and really stands for vets, then Levin is the type of guy you want to be behind.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
I served.

I know Levin did not serve.

Not quite sure the relevance of that. I know some people who haven't served, yet who hold veterans in the highest respect and who would never stand for this at all. Even some incredibly left wing types.

Offline sinkspur

So?  Seriously, why shouldn't he? It isn't as if he can have more than one focus at a time and Levin is a tried and true capitalist. If you are looking for some sort of altruist on a unicorn, those come from the left. If you want a realist who believes in capitalism and really stands for vets, then Levin is the type of guy you want to be behind.

Other than his love for dogs, I find very little about Mark Levin to get behind.  Unless they're kissing his ass, he treats his callers like dirt.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 02:42:12 am by sinkspur »

famousdayandyear

Other than his love for dogs, I find very little about Mark Levin to get behind.  Unless they're kissing his ass, he treats his callers like dirt.

Textbook sinkspur.  Garner attention via outrageous posts, no matter how irrational and keep it going until a mod steps in and kills the thread.  No substantive information exchange--just negative attention.  Delusional or troll.  Yall decide.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
I'm going along with sinkspur insofar as I have very little time for talking heads, either radio or TV. Old fashioned that way - prefer more reading so I can go back and grab a passage I missed, or see how it leads on to the next thought. Dr. Sowell would be a prime example of this, he doesn't merely make statements, he always backs it up and shows you exactly how he has come to his conclusions. May not agree sometimes, but I can see where he is coming from and why.

Where they are useful is in picking up information and spreading it, but I prefer my information backed with sources I can check independently. Note - this dos not apply to good interviewers. That is a completely different thing and a very difficult skill to master!

Got no trouble with them making a living, creating a brand (if you like). That is normal and respectable and perfectly acceptable.

Online DCPatriot

« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 03:01:21 am by DCPatriot »

Oceander

Not quite sure the relevance of that. I know some people who haven't served, yet who hold veterans in the highest respect and who would never stand for this at all. Even some incredibly left wing types.

I couldn't agree more.

I'm going along with sinkspur insofar as I have very little time for talking heads, either radio or TV. Old fashioned that way - prefer more reading so I can go back and grab a passage I missed, or see how it leads on to the next thought. Dr. Sowell would be a prime example of this, he doesn't merely make statements, he always backs it up and shows you exactly how he has come to his conclusions. May not agree sometimes, but I can see where he is coming from and why.

Where they are useful is in picking up information and spreading it, but I prefer my information backed with sources I can check independently.

I take it you've never read one of Mark Levin's books.

Offline aligncare

I believe Levin can do it– bring a half million people to the World War II Memorial. He has a loyal following as shown by the number of folks at his book signings. And this is just the kind of issue that could stir passions and mobilize people.

I just read a tweet that they're going to unbarricade the WWII memorial.  Not sure if its true, but interesting timing if it is.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
I take it you've never read one of Mark Levin's books.

I have not. Got a recommendation?

Edit to add: That wasn't meant to sound the way it sounds now I re-read it (slightly snarky). Just a good one of his that I can order!
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 04:09:37 am by EC »

Offline R4 TrumPence

I have not. Got a recommendation?

Edit to add: That wasn't meant to sound the way it sounds now I re-read it (slightly snarky). Just a good one of his that I can order!

Men in Black is excellent!! You should def. read that one.

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02