Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
« on: October 02, 2013, 07:06:37 PM »

Support the USO

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2013, 07:19:12 PM »
Do you think Boehner will stand firm against Democrats?

Either he'll fold or enough RINOs will get together with Pelosi to find a way to override him.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2013, 07:21:38 PM »
I don't believe a word of this.

They take them aside and ask them one on one.  No context provided.   

:chairbang:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - Iowahawk

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
    • Auktion Online
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2013, 07:30:20 PM »

If I was a GOP congressman in a "moderate" district, I'd probably tell HuffPo I was willing to support a clean CR.  Why not?  It's what their audience wants to hear and I'm not likely going to have to prove it in any event.
"She only coughs when she lies."

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2013, 07:32:48 PM »

If I was a GOP congressman in a "moderate" district, I'd probably tell HuffPo I was willing to support a clean CR.  Why not?  It's what their audience wants to hear and I'm not likely going to have to prove it in any event.

I don't know....we hear Reid mocking Boehner...telling him to allow an up or down vote on a "clean" CR.

.....and Boehner cries a lot.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - Iowahawk

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
    • Auktion Online
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2013, 07:39:43 PM »
I don't know....we hear Reid mocking Boehner...telling him to allow an up or down vote on a "clean" CR.

.....and Boehner cries a lot.

"We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately."
"She only coughs when she lies."

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2013, 07:45:20 PM »

....in groups for sure. 

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • TBR Illuminati
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2013, 07:46:54 PM »

From Ben Franklin's mouth to God's ear!

famousdayandyear

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2013, 07:51:55 PM »
Four of those quoted are from Virginia districts.  Smelling a rat.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2013, 07:56:04 PM »
Four of those quoted are from Virginia districts.  Smelling a rat.

I heard the names on Hannity today....From New Jersey, Pennsylvania and West Virginia also.

The Shutdown must to terrible on Northern Virginia's economy.   ....for four of them to buckle.

famousdayandyear

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2013, 08:37:07 PM »
I heard the names on Hannity today....From New Jersey, Pennsylvania and West Virginia also.

The Shutdown must to terrible on Northern Virginia's economy.   ....for four of them to buckle.

I'm thinking the VA Reps are more likely subject to the Chicago Way than any "economic" blowback.  (Furloughed people will receive back pay).   Same applies to the others--doubt if the NSA has gone totally black.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf