Author Topic: Why the democrats are scared out of their minds  (Read 1771 times)

rangerrebew

Why the democrats are scared out of their minds
« on: October 02, 2013, 08:55:31 pm »
Why the Democrats are Scared Out of Their Minds

Posted By Frank Camp on Oct 2, 2013 | 17 Comments

“The broad masses of a population are more amenable to the appeal of rhetoric than to any other force.” – Adolf Hitler

It’s been said that rhetoric is the art of controlling the minds of men. Political rhetoric takes words and places them in just such a way as to make an idea appeal to the largest possible audience. It is vocabulary manipulation, and it is extremely effective.

The Democrats have been using this strategy for as long as I can remember. Here’s the interesting part: rhetoric is directly linked to desperation. The larger, and more aggressive the imagery, the more desperate the Democrat. Case in point: Liberal radio host Stephanie Miller.

According to Breitbart, Miller said this of Republicans, in response to a listener’s comment regarding the battle over the debt ceiling/Obamacare:

“May I correct you? They are not holding your children hostage; they are trying to blow your children up. There is a difference…They are suicide bombers they are no longer hostage takers. They are no longer just regular terrorists they are suicide bombers.”

Honestly speaking, Republicans would never have attempted something like what they are currently doing just several years ago. It is through the influence of real leaders like Ted Cruz, Mike Lee, and David Vitter that they are finally standing up for the American people. This sudden bravery on the part of Republicans has the Left freaking out. They are running scared. Because many Liberals have never dealt with actual, warm-blooded opposition, they are overreacting in terms of rhetoric.

Liberals are desperate for the American people to believe in them, so they use frightening phrases like “suicide bombers,” “blowing your children up,” and “hostage takers” to rattle us. Imagery like that is often quite effective.

Right now, it may seem like the violent rhetoric is working, and for a time, it just might. But what Republicans need to do is think in the long term. The reason rhetoric works so well against Republicans is because they don’t fight back. There is no consistent opposition to the ridiculous accusations laid out by the Left. But that’s all changing. With new, emboldened leadership, other Republicans are being forced to step up their game. They are fighting fire with fire, and sticking to it.

Guess what? It’s working. The Left is scared out of their minds. It’s a great day. Expect the rhetoric to become even more violent and extreme so long as Republicans actually stick to their game.

Share57 Tweet33 Share181 Email15

Read more at http://lastresistance.com/3309/democrats-scared-minds/#9t7H0WDStpIwRBVu.99

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
Re: Why the democrats are scared out of their minds
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2013, 09:15:22 pm »
Two days of "shutdown" and so far the world hasn't come to an end.  People here in Pennsylvania seem to be going about their daily business as if there was no crisis.  With any luck, they'll get used to the idea of a government that only delivers what is essential.

I hope congress hangs tough right through the debt ceiling deadline and forces government to figure out how to operate without borrowing any more.  Now THAT would be something truly earth-shattering.

Offline Olivia

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2013, 09:23:27 pm »
I hope congress hangs tough right through the debt ceiling deadline and forces government to figure out how to operate without borrowing any more.  Now THAT would be something truly earth-shattering.

That would be monumental if it were to happen. Maybe that's why the democrats have resorted to all this name calling like a bunch of school kids. They're afraid the money will be cut off.   :laugh:
Truthfully, the most important thing in life is knowing what the most important things in life are, and prioritizing them accordingly.   Melchor Lim

Offline Cincinnatus

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2013, 09:58:19 pm »
This sudden bravery on the part of Republicans has the Left freaking out.

Ain't that the truth? I am sure we could all add examples of Leftist hysteria and not all of it coming from the Usual Congressional Suspects.

It's definitely entertaining.
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2013, 10:03:54 pm »

Well, I am contacting my Republican representatives and encouraging them to hang tough.

They need to hear from us to know how much support they have.

Otherwise they'll listen to the insane-o-rats who do call in...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2013, 11:23:58 pm »
Well, I am contacting my Republican representatives and encouraging them to hang tough.

They need to hear from us to know how much support they have.

Otherwise they'll listen to the insane-o-rats who do call in...

I sent an e-mail to my congressman (Joe Pitts) yesterday. 

Oceander

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2013, 11:25:53 pm »
I sent an e-mail to my congressman (Joe Pitts) yesterday. 

I wish I had a representative who appreciated my point of view.  All I have are feckless parasites like Schumer and Gillibrand.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2013, 11:30:44 pm »
Damn...that was so much fun...I read it twice!!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2013, 11:31:54 pm »
I wish I had a representative who appreciated my point of view.  All I have are feckless parasites like Schumer and Gillibrand.

You need to get out of NYC.  I'm amazed you're still capable of clear thought.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2013, 11:36:24 pm »
Two days of "shutdown" and so far the world hasn't come to an end.  People here in Pennsylvania seem to be going about their daily business as if there was no crisis.  With any luck, they'll get used to the idea of a government that only delivers what is essential.

People in flyover country couldn't care less.

They're more concerned about feeding their families and affording health insurance...hopefully not with a government doctor and government panels.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Oceander

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2013, 11:39:48 pm »
You need to get out of NYC.  I'm amazed you're still capable of clear thought.

We just moved out of Sodom (or is it Gomorrah) to Nassau County, but now I'm stuck with Steve Israel, another effing dumbocrat.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2013, 11:50:32 pm »
This is the most cogent article I've seen to date on what's going on!

REALLY on target!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien