Author Topic: Reid gives condescending reply to CNN's Dana Bash over cancer research funding  (Read 1241 times)

rangerrebew

Reid gives condescending reply to CNN’s Dana Bash over cancer research funding [VIDEO]

3:15 PM 10/02/2013

At a press conference held by Senate Democrats on Wednesday, Democratic Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid suggested that CNN congressional correspondent Dana Bash was “irresponsible and reckless” during an exchange over the funding for cancer research by the National Institutes of Health (NIH), adding, “why would we want to” help one child who has cancer while negotiations continue.Bash pointed out that the House was likely to pass a bill that would provide funding for the NIH, but Reid deflected and argued the House shouldn’t be able “pick and choose” what parts of government are funded.

“You all talked about children with cancer unable to go to clinical trials,” Bash said. “The House is presumably going to pass a bill that funds at least the NIH. Given what you’ve said, will you at least pass that? And if not, aren’t you playing the same political games that Republicans are?

“Listen, Sen. [Dick] Durbin explained that very well, and he did it here, he did it on the floor earlier, as did Sen. Schumer,” Reid replied. “What right did they have to pick and choose what part of government is going to be funded? It’s obvious what’s going on here. You talk about reckless and irresponsible. Wow. What this is all about is Obamacare. They are obsessed. I don’t know what other word I can use. I don’t know what other word I can use.  They are obsessed with this Obamacare. It’s working. It’s working now and it will continue to work and people will love it more than they do now by far. So they have no right to pick and choose.”

But that led to a follow-up question from Bash, and a condescending reply from the Senate majority leader.

BASH: But if you can help one child who has cancer, why wouldn’t you do it?
 REID: Why would we want to do that? I have 1,100 people at Nellis Air Force base that are sitting home. They have a few problems of their own. To have someone of your intelligence to suggest such a thing maybe means you’re irresponsible and reckless.
 BASH: I’m just asking a question.

Follow Jeff on Twitter

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/10/02/reid-gives-condescending-reply-to-cnns-dana-bash-over-cancer-research-funding/#ixzz2gb6YeUWA

He's willing to go to war for Syria's children but isn't interested in American children? >:D
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 08:15:04 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
What Reid meant to say was: aren't you smart enough to know that your network does exactly what I tell them to, and I'm about this far from having them throw your ass out onto the street. Oh, and good luck finding a doctor.

That's what he was really saying...
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline GourmetDan

“What right did they have to pick and choose what part of government is going to be funded?"

That would be the Origination Clause of the Constitution, Mr. Senate Majority Leader...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

rangerrebew

That would be the Origination Clause of the Constitution, Mr. Senate Majority Leader...

But Harry Reid doesn't believe in the Constitution - except when campaigning.

Offline GourmetDan

But Harry Reid doesn't believe in the Constitution - except when campaigning.

Apparently neither do any of the reporters present...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan