Author Topic: DISTURBING REPORT -- Obamacare Fines To Be Seized From Bank Accounts?  (Read 3420 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.redflagnews.com/headlines/disturbing-report-obamacare-fines-to-be-seized-from-bank-accounts

DISTURBING REPORT -- Obamacare Fines To Be Seized From Bank Accounts?
October 02, 2013

(PAUL JOSEPH WATSON) -- A man who attempted to sign up for Obamacare online was told that a fine of over $4,000 dollars a year for refusing to take out mandatory health insurance could be taken directly from his bank account, and that his drivers license would be suspended and a federal tax lien placed against his home, according to an entry on the HealthCare.gov Facebook page.

Will Sheehan claims that when he tried to sign up for Obamacare and then register to opt out, he received an ominous warning. Sheehan’s full Facebook post reads;If true, the implementation of Obamacare is going to be a whole lot more draconian than Americans have been led to believe.

“I actually made it through this morning at 8:00 A.M. I have a preexisting condition (Type 1 Diabetes) and my income base was 45K-55K annually I chose tier 2 “Silver Plan” and my monthly premiums came out to $597.00 with $13,988 yearly deductible!!! There is NO POSSIBLE way that I can afford this so I “opt-out” and chose to continue along with no insurance.

I received an email tonight at 5:00 P.M. informing me that my fine would be $4,037 and could be attached to my yearly income tax return. Then you make it to the “REPERCUSSIONS PORTION” for “non-payment” of yearly fine. First, your drivers license will be suspended until paid, and if you go 24 consecutive months with “Non-Payment” and you happen to be a home owner, you will have a federal tax lien placed on your home. You can agree to give your bank information so that they can easy “Automatically withdraw” your “penalties” weekly, bi-weekly or monthly! This by no means is “Free” or even “Affordable.”

Sheehan went on to point out that the site makes you input all your personal information before giving you an indication of the costs, meaning a database of the “uninsured” is being built. He added that he could not afford to pay the premium so would have to break the law and pay the fine, leaving him with no health care coverage.

The federal government has consistently denied that any fines pertaining to Obamacare non-compliance could be seized from bank accounts.

“There’s no criminal sanctions for not paying this, and there’s no ability to levy a bank account or do seizures,” then-IRS commissioner Douglas Shulman said in April 2010.

In addition, Americans who refuse to pay for mandatory health insurance “shall not be subject to any criminal prosecution,” according to the law itself.

Section 1501(g)(2) of the Affordable Care Act also states that the IRS cannot “file notice of lien with respect to any property of a taxpayer by reason of any failure to pay the penalty imposed by this section.”

EIther Sheehan’s claim that he received this notice is a lie, or the feds have been dishonest with the American people all along, and the revolt against Obamacare is about to take “don’t tread on me” to a whole new level.

Read a copy of the full exchange on Facebook below.

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
Re: DISTURBING REPORT -- Obamacare Fines To Be Seized From Bank Accounts?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2013, 05:35:48 pm »
The S is about to meet the fan.

And it's all got Obama's name on it.

Hello, comrade!
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 05:36:11 pm by Scottftlc »
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2013, 05:38:34 pm »
We told you so and you didn't believe us.

Maybe you'll listen next time.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2013, 05:41:34 pm »

“I actually made it through this morning at 8:00 A.M. I have a preexisting condition (Type 1 Diabetes) and my income base was 45K-55K annually I chose tier 2 “Silver Plan” and my monthly premiums came out to $597.00 with $13,988 yearly deductible!!! There is NO POSSIBLE way that I can afford this so I “opt-out” and chose to continue along with no insurance.

Another example of what Obama meant....saying he would "transform the United States of America"

Now an up and comer will have to fore go that beautiful BMW sport sedan and buy a Ford Focus.....in honor of Barack Obama.   (Cause he's gonna focus all at the same time)
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline ABX

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2013, 05:47:07 pm »
Another example of what Obama meant....saying he would "transform the United States of America"

Now an up and comer will have to fore go that beautiful BMW sport sedan and buy a Ford Focus.....in honor of Barack Obama.   (Cause he's gonna focus all at the same time)

Hey, he was telling the truth, no one is turned down for a pre existing condition. You just have to pay out of the ass for it, sell your soul, and prostitute your daughter.

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2013, 05:52:24 pm »
DISTURBING REPORT -- Obamacare Fines To Be Seized From Bank Accounts?

Just wait till the unannounced 'bank holiday' occurs some weekend a la Panama...

« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 06:01:07 pm by GourmetDan »
"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2013, 06:00:30 pm »
See, we had to pass it to find out what was in it...
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Cincinnatus

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2013, 06:11:03 pm »
I am taking this report with a grain of salt. Not that I don't believe the Obama crowd isn't capable of this kind of heavy intimidation but because of two things: (1) He doesn't document what the article clearly states is a "claim"; and (2) he states they threatened to suspend his driver's license. Driver's licenses are a state, not a federal, matter. Not quite sure where they would get the authority to do that.

Do not get me wrong. I am not saying this report is false. Rather I am saying it is lacking in certain details.
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2013, 06:27:08 pm »
I am taking this report with a grain of salt. Not that I don't believe the Obama crowd isn't capable of this kind of heavy intimidation but because of two things: (1) He doesn't document what the article clearly states is a "claim"; and (2) he states they threatened to suspend his driver's license. Driver's licenses are a state, not a federal, matter. Not quite sure where they would get the authority to do that.

Do not get me wrong. I am not saying this report is false. Rather I am saying it is lacking in certain details.

The monthly contribution sounds like it's in the ballpark for his income, but a $13,000+ deductable?   That is hard to believe. My current Company subsidized plan has a $300 per person annual deductible with $900 maximum.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2013, 06:30:37 pm »
The monthly contribution sounds like it's in the ballpark for his income, but a $13,000+ deductable?   That is hard to believe. My current Company subsidized plan has a $300 per person annual deductible with $900 maximum.

That is the kicker, Navy.  They make the premiums sound really good, but hide the huge deductibles until you go to sign up, there has been a lot on the news lately about the back end costs, basically this is a major medical plan and you pay cash and carry for most visits.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2013, 06:32:25 pm »
They make the premiums sound really good, but hide the huge deductibles until you go to sign up, there has been a lot on the news lately about the back end costs...

Well, the out-of-pocket maximum limits were suspended for 2014...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2013, 06:38:47 pm »
Sheehan went on to point out that the site makes you input all your personal information before giving you an indication of the costs, meaning a database of the “uninsured” is being built.

Sounds like a good reason to use a public library computer and lie...

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2013, 06:40:06 pm »

Its gotta be true. It is on the internet.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2013, 06:45:09 pm »

So are you...

Offline flowers

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2013, 06:52:18 pm »
That is the kicker, Navy.  They make the premiums sound really good, but hide the huge deductibles until you go to sign up, there has been a lot on the news lately about the back end costs, basically this is a major medical plan and you pay cash and carry for most visits.

At $13,000+ deductibles unless you are a person with a medical condition, that would be a lot of doctor visits for the average family before the insurance plan takes over. May as well pay cash if you are able and leave the plan out of it. Many doctors and dentist offer cash discounts.    Of course I heard talk they were trying to make paying cash illegal.   
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2013, 06:54:08 pm »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline ABX

« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2013, 06:59:52 pm »

Normally I would agree but every hour we are hearing more and more stories like this. I am leaning more toward the administration reports of what should be maximum payments and fines being the BS part.

Offline flowers

« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2013, 07:16:37 pm »
I heard this a few years ago. They will be able to take the fines directly from bank account.

Found this on net....

What's   in Obamacare, Part 6:
Federal Government Access to Individual Finances

http://libertyandpride.com/obamacare-gives-the-government-access-to-your-bank-account/

H.R. 3590 gives the federal government specific access to individual bank accounts and medical records as provided by that individuals health plan.  The government may monitor an individuals finances and medical records electronically, for the purposes of determining an individuals eligibility for certain programs under the bill.  They may also monitor an individuals finances and medical records to ascertain whether that individual has health insurance and is making regular premium payments to an approved health insurance plan; this will allow the federal government to determine each individuals financial responsibilities with respect to penalties and fees prior to or at the point of care as outlined in the bill.  This clause also gives the government the ability to transfer funds electronically to or from an individuals bank account for the purposes of debiting his/her account for fees and penalties.

The stated purpose of this clause is “to reduce the clerical burden on patients, health care providers, and health plans.”

Quick note for those of you who say “the government already had access to our bank accounts.”  That’s true, but it was previously required that they obtain a court order to access any individuals personal finances.  This bill provides them free reign to do so whenever they please.

STANDARDS FOR INFORMATION TRANSACTIONS AND DATA ELEMENTS

H.R. 3590: Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act,  Pages 58-77

Offline Cincinnatus

« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2013, 07:22:28 pm »
What's   in Obamacare, Part 6:
Federal Government Access to Individual Finances

This truth about this thing just gets worse and worse, doesn't it? It passed and by golly we are definitely finding out what's in it.
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline flowers

« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2013, 07:37:08 pm »
This truth about this thing just gets worse and worse, doesn't it? It passed and by golly we are definitely finding out what's in it.
So it is true? They can take it out of you bank acct?

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2013, 07:40:34 pm »
So it is true? They can take it out of you bank acct?

Yep, and getting a new bank account won't help.

Remember what you have to provide to open a bank account now?  That's right, your SSN.

Bingo! We have a match!

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2013, 07:58:39 pm »

It's not.  The maximum fine for the first year is $428 for a family.  This entire story sounds phony.

A $13,000 deductible doesn't even make any sense.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline flowers

« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2013, 08:04:04 pm »
Yep, and getting a new bank account won't help.

Remember what you have to provide to open a bank account now?  That's right, your SSN.

Bingo! We have a match!
I thought I read that in the ACA a while back.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2013, 08:11:23 pm »
The high deductibles sure look like fact, according to this thread. I'd like to see evidence that what this guy says is "phony."
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org